Health and Nutrition Officer
- Job Description:
- Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
In Ethiopia, Plan has more than 25 years of experience in implementing its programme. Currently PIE mainly operates in seven geographical areas; Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Addis Ababa City Administration on different projects funded by different donors including sponsorship.
As a Health and Nutrition Officer, the incumbent under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Health and Nutrition Supervisor in assigned district field office, is in charge of emergency health and nutrition components, leading, planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation, reporting, coordination, and controlling/ensuring quality of the intervention of the project in the targeted camps.. S/He will be responsible for representation and promoting the consideration of older people specific needs in the overall health and nutrition emergency and recovery programs coordinated by the government.
The position holder is expected to play active role in promoting and representing Plan International’s humanitarian program, in strengthening local level emergency coordination and key Plan Int`l principles to key internal and external audiences. The position holder will be part of the country humanitarian team and collaborate with other Plan Int`l staff at all level, contribute to the overall country strategy.
· Develop detail action plan and Ensure effective implementation of health and nutrition component in line with the existing donor approved project document in collaboration with other the project staff and other stakeholders.
· Lead the health team that involve health and Nutrition assistant and Home-based care providers and closely coordinate with other project staff
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism at health facilities and community level.
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· Ensure effectiveness of Health and Nutrition Nurse as the health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs on prevention and response of major diseases under surveillance and in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary drugs for provision of treatment under curative services, nutritional and clinical requirements at the catchment health facilities – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
The post holder is expected to establish effective communication and close working relationships with project team (Project Coordinator, all officers, IYCF Nurse, TSFP Nurse, TSFP Measurer, OTP nurse, Clinical Nurse, Midwifery as well as Health and Nutrition Supervisor Drivers) and program beneficiaries, local government sector offices, Other NGO’s, UN agencies, bilateral, and other principle stakeholders. In relation to this, working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact.
- Job Requirements:
- Diploma and/or BSC in Health, Nursing and other relevant fields of study
- Minimum over 4 year’s relevant experience for Diploma and 2 years for BSC holders and with this at least 6-12 month years’ relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of emergency nutrition intervention, IYCF and health.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Afarigna , English & Amharic is Desirable Especially Afarigna is Must
- How To Apply:
- The closing date for the application in December 01,2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram