Position: Regional Cluster Technical Advisor
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: Dec, 6/2021
EngenderHealth’s vision is a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth seeks applications from experienced technical experts to serve as Regional Cluster Technical Advisor for the FP Integration in Primary Health Care (PHC) project. The goal of the project is to improve and strengthen the integration of FP services across Ethiopia’s PHC service delivery platforms for improved reproductive, maternal, and child health outcomes. The project is expected to inform how and at what levels of the PHC system FP services can be more effectively integrated and generate lessons on effective ways of integrating PPFP and PAFP within RMNCH-N services. Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
The Regional Cluster Technical Advisor under the supervision of the Project Lead will be responsible for providing management and technical assistance in the day-to-day implementation of EngenderHealth-supported program/projects particularly in the implementation of the FP integration in PHC project particularly PPFP and PAFP activities at the assigned geographic area. The Regional Advisor will be primarily responsible for regional-level project start-up, work plan development, and coordinating with project partners for implementation. The Regional Advisor will collaborate with the local MOH and EngenderHealth clinical team and ensure the quality of PPFP and PAFP service through the application of various training approaches, clinical mentorship, and post-training follow-up support at selected health care facilities. The Regional Advisor will also collaborate with the community-level health structure and EngenderHealth’s Community Engagement and GYSI team and ensure socio-cultural barriers to access are addressed and demand is created for PPFP and PAFP. The Regional Advisor will be responsible for organizing and facilitating training, conducting regular site visits, and providing technical assistance including coaching to health care providers working in public health facilities and with other partners. The Regional Advisor will provide coordination support for FP integration assessment and implementation research. The Regional Advisor will coordinate and monitor/supervise the timely implementation of project activities and budget utilization under his/her custody.
- Leads regional/cluster level project activities such as project work planning, coordinating assessments, reviews, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Assists service delivery sites to initiate appropriate integration of quality family planning and other RMNCH services;
- Assists service delivery sites in meeting quality standards by coordinating and providing training, training follow-up visits, and technical support as needed, particularly in the area of Family Planning (with focus on the integration of PPFP and PAFP with other essential health services);
- Assists service delivery sites in ensuring the application of right based approach including ensuring informed choice and voluntary decision-making process by providing training and technical assistance on counseling and interpersonal communication, including for postpartum, safe abortion, and PAC clients;
- Provides onsite training and orientation to create enabling platform to roll out PAFP and PPFP integrated service at the government health facility;
- Conducts whole site Value Clarification and Attitudinal Transformation exercise in health Centers and Hospitals to clarify providers and supportive staff attitude on abortion care service and comprehensive contraception;
- Provides assistance in introducing a range of quality improvement tools (infection prevention, Quality Measurement Tool, etc).
- Coordinates Integrated Pharmaceutical Logistic and Supply chain management training and provides follow-up support to help government partners timely identify and address supply/commodity gaps and ensure the sustained availability of contraceptive commodities at service delivery sites.
- Works with Community Engagement and SBCC team to design and implement effective community-based demand creation activities on FP (particularly PPFP and PAFP);
- Closely works with GYSI (Gender Youth and Social advisor) to ensure integration of GYSI across all project activities and ensure gender-related barriers on FP (particularly PPFP and PAFP) are addressed.
- Monitors public health facilities for continued and uninterrupted service delivery at health care facilities of his custody;
- Prepares periodic reports of program results and disseminates results including by project reports, publications, summaries, and special reports;
- Coordinates monitoring evaluation and research activities in collaboration with the country-based technical team, implementing research p, and local universities as necessary.
- Ensures proper representation of EngenderHealth/the project and maintains an effective and collaborative working relationship with diverse stakeholders, including Regional/Zonal Health Bureaus and other regional partners, and ensures alignment of the project activities with government priorities and standards.
- Performs other activities as assigned by immediate supervisor or EngenderHealth assigned person.
- BSc, MD, or MPH in reproductive health and related areas.
- At least 5 years of work experience in health programming with demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring, and evaluation of FP and other SRH programs in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated experience in PPFP (including PPIUCD) and PAFP programming.
- At least 2 years’ programmatic and technical experience of implementing in-service training, mentoring, and supportive supervision in the areas of FP/SRH.
- Experience in technical assistance for RHBs or teaching hospitals/ academic institution
- Expertise in-service training, Structured on Job Training, Catchment Based Clinical Mentorship, and supportive supervision are advantageous.
PREFERRED SKILLS ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrated ability to take a long-term view and build a shared vision with others; acts as a catalyst for change and inspires others to translate vision into action.
- Proven capacity to keep up to date with trends in the field and develop a climate in the program that is conducive to creative thinking.
- Ability to recognize and act on internal and external factors that affect the work of the organization/program.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of health service delivery systems particularly PHCU.
- Commitment to EngenderHealth values of reflection, integrity, inclusion, respect, and transformation.
- Demonstrated leadership in working and collaborating with a wide range of partners including RHBs, universities/teaching hospitals, and NGO partners.
- Ability to interact with experts and collaborators across multiple disciplines, program areas, and cultures.
- Proven capacity to oversee development/implementation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation activities, and reports.
- Keen to clinical quality standards implementation.
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor team with excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including written and oral communications in English.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Windows applications, including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to travel up to 75 % of the time.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a survivor of domestic violence, marital status, pregnancy status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults, beneficiaries of assistance from any hard that may because due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates, and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
How to Apply
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram