Chief Executive Officer (CEO), MNCH
- Job Description:
Responsible for planning , organizing, staffing ,controlling ,coordinating and facilitating the provision of quality SRH services at the MNCH center in line with the FGAE Strategic plan as well as established guidelines and standards for the achievement of overall service delivery objectives, She/he reviews and makes recommendations to the FGAE management on strategic service delivery issues including restructuring, quality improvement, profitability and sustainability of the MCH center services. Responsible for the development and/adoption of Center related protocols and SOPs. Be accountable to the overall success of the MCH center objectives of FGAE as site for quality service delivery, learning and demonstration of new and innovative intervention and research activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Plans, organizes, co-ordinates, controls and oversees all administrative and technical activities of the MCH center;
- Responsible for coordinating medical and administrative teams, for achieving the facility’s mission goals, and executing the facility’s policies, systems, and agendas;
- Leads and /or participates in the selection and recruitment and management of the physicians, nurses, paramedics and other medical and non- medical staff as per the associations HR manual.
- Initiates/adopt policy and technical guidelines with respect to the MCH center;
- Coordinates and works with Clinical Service Department and other work units to ensure that the Strategic Framework/Plan is established, implemented and maintained effectively and efficiently in a cooperative and team work spirit;
- Ensures that the MCH center serves as site for learning and demonstration of new and innovative intervention and research activities by working in collaboration with the M&E and learning and training units to develop training packages, standards and conducting training programs for other NGOs, private and government sectors;
- Coordinate and work with resources mobilization team, SMT and other pertinent units and staffs and establish systems to sustain the MCH Center’s programs and services by maximizing efficient use of resources and implementation of income generating activities per the institutions business plan.
- Ensure systems are in place for maintaining the quality of all services, care and treatment provided to patients,
- Designating and defining duties and responsibilities of department/service heads for the clinical service and provide support for the administrative staffs as well,
- Ensuring that the center outpatient and Clinic managers and other staffs are executing their duties and responsibilities as per their JDs and take corrective measures as per the HR manual and code of medical ethics when violations or failure to abide to the regulations and rules observed,
- Availing professional uniforms and badges and ensuring that all staff dressing code is as per the standard
- Establish a means for effective communication and coordination among the Center clinical and other staffs
- Responsible for establishing and leading and /or overseeing different committees as per the specialty/MCH center standard and FGAE HR manual for effective functioning of the health care delivery system and provision of quality ,comprehensive, and integrated and MNCH service delivery;
- Recommending the appointments to the clinical staff and scope of clinical privileges;
- Ensure smooth working relations exists with the appropriate regulatory organ;
- Ensures the provision of quality SRH services at the MCH center through establishment of quality Control team/Committee and implementation and maintaining continuous improvement system;
- Coach and conduct service promotion at the health facility and publicly and ensure sustainable patient/client flow
- Leads the resource management (Human, Financial and property) of the MCH Center in most effective and efficient way;
- Developing ,building team spirit , cooperation and ensuring healthy communications between the Center health workforce and beyond,
- Ensuring staff and facility are in compliance with the FMOH, regulatory body and the association regulations ,codes and standards
- Ensure that the center professionals are strictly adhere to the compulsory standards of the specialty center/MCH and Pediatric Center in particular to avoid sanctions/suspensions in subsequent license renewal
- Facilitate the outline of treatment procedures and clinical protocols in obstetrics and Gynecology based on the national protocols (in consultation with GYN/OBY specialists) and treatment guidelines and ensure their implementation.
- Initiates and partake in making decisions and implementation of policies that foster better patient care, provide evidence based suggestions from experience and knowledge for the growth and development of the MCH Center
- Lead/ensure and participate in the review of the performance targets on regular basis checking for productivity and identifying bottle/loopholes that are hindering high level of performances and taking timely corrective measures for better results
- Settle disputes between staff and management fostering mutually beneficial solutions for the overall interest of the Center and the association as a whole
- Periodically supervise the center facilities and facilitates the quality improvement activities of the Center
- Ensures Morning sessions are regularly conducted and action points are set and implemented
- Ensures the existence of program of continuous quality improvement for the service which includes regularly collecting and analyzing data to help identify health-service problems and their extent, and recommending, implementing, and monitoring corrective actions on the basis of these data,
- Ensures the display of : services, professionals and specialists available in the center during working hours and after working hours, including updated lists of various lists of fees and prices,
- Promotion of CPD for technical staffs working in the center and ensures that all professionals practicing in the Center are professionally licensed and/ or have timely renewed their professional license ( including part time /sessional workers)
- Ensures the Preparation and submission of periodic performance reports;
- Perform other duties assigned y immediate supervisor
- A. Education : MD/MPH,BCS in health related Field ( HO/Clinical Nurse/Midwives plus MPH/MSC in Hospital Management/health service Management, MSC in Health economics with health back ground,
B. Work Experience : 6 yrs. relevance experience as MD/MPH and 3 years in Hospital and/or MNCH Centre Management for MD and 6 years relevant experience after masters for others, of which 3 years I Hospital /MNCH center Management
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send non-returnable applications with CV and copies of credentials and other supporting documents with in 10 calendar days of this announcement to the following address.
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
Human Resource & Organizational Development Division
P.O. Box 5716
Apply through ethiojobs.net
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information about the Association, please visit www.fgaeet.org
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online on Telegram