MARY JOY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION Vacancy, Doctors Online Ethiopia, November 22 2021
MARY JOY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION HEALTH INFORMATICS FULL TIME
Nov 22, 2021 – Nov 25, 2021
Mary Joy Ethiopia is a nonprofit development oriented organization serves the community for the past 27+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education and heath with cross cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project, Family Focused HIV Prevention Care and Treatment Services in Yirgalem in Sidama region and Dilla town in SNNPR region, Mary Joy seeks to recruit a MEAL Officer based in Dilla twon.
He/she will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting and strong communication. The MEL Officer will closely work with the project team. He/she provides technical support in the areas of data collection, analysis and reporting to Social Service Workers (SSWs). The MEL Officer is also responsible to provide MEL technical assistance to government partners.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the data that should be reported to the central level from the region and provide technical Back up for the project team.
- Provide onsite mentoring and coaching support to CCCs, SSWs and project teams on the use of the tools developed to track project progresses, data utilizations and on-time reporting.
- Provide training and technical assistance/ mentoring for the MoWCYA, BoLSA, HAPCO and Woreda government offices on the utilization of OVC related data and database.
- Prepare and apply paper-based data collection tools and Train the relevant project or partners’ staff on the use of tablet/mobile-based data collection tools and supervise the field data collection and applying appropriate computer application software. Specifically Commcare data base application.
- Review and ensure the quality of data collected from the field (in the area where he/she assigned.
- Closely work and collaborate with the project team on the overall MEL implementation (Capacity development, planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the program).
REPORTS TO: OVC and HIV Service Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in degree in statistics, information technology, demography, public health or other related fields.
- 2 years and above proven experience in database management and Experience in the planning and facilitation of training.
- Good oral and written comprehension skills Skilled in using application software such as MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and SPSS
- Fluent in written and spoken Amharic, English and the working language for the region he/she is assigned for.
- Sound skills in analyzing, synthesizing, documenting and presenting results of epidemiologic and behavioral research in the field of Public Health -including HIV/AIDS- and Social Welfare Development
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Public Health -including HIV/AIDS- and Social Welfare Development
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Attention to detail and analytical skill;
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written;
- Utilizing programming and statistical software (such as SPSS) to compile data and information for various systems, and knowledge of basic MEAL tools;
- Proactive, capable of multi-tasking and showing initiative.
- Computer proficiency;
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skill.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send resume and application letter within 7 working days of the announcement through Mary Joy Ethiopia in the following email address [email protected] before/on November 25, 2021.