AMREF HEALTH AFRICA Call for Consultants, Doctors Online Ethiopia, November 22 2021
FOR MHM AND WASH IN SCHOOL AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITY TRAINING MODULE (RE-ADVERTISED)
AMREF HEALTH AFRICA PUBLIC HEALTH PART TIME
Nov 22, 2021 – Nov 29, 2021
Amref Health Africa, the largest African led international organization on the continent, provides training and health services to over 35 countries in Africa. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa now delivers preventive, community-based health care.
Although Amref Health Africa formally registered in Ethiopia in 1998, a full-fledged country program with a country office started in 2002. Since then, the country program has grown from one project in Addis Ababa to more than 20 projects in Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP, Ethiopia Somali regions and nationwide health systems strengthening interventions focusing the capacity building of the national Health Extension Program.
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia delivers programs on maternal health, Child health, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), Communicable Diseases, None-communicable Diseases, Clinical Outreach Services, Emergency Nutrition, HEWs and Midwives Training and Operational Research. The training and the clinical outreach programs implemented nationally across all regions of the country.
Through its WASH program, Amref works to ensure access to and utilization of sustainable and improved WASH services by creating access to safe, affordable and adequate water supply, improved sanitation and hygiene services delivery and institutional capacity development. Amref addresses the root economic problems of the community by integrating WASH interventions with nutrition, livestock development, income generation and livelihood opportunities. Amref delivers all our WASH services in close collaboration with Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy, Ministry of Health and their respective regional government bureaus, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and local communities.
In partnership with MADE BLUE and Amref Netherlands, Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia is about to extend a project focusing on School WASH & MHM, Community WASH, Advocacy, Capacity building, WASH & MHM Entrepreneurship. This project entitled ‘’WASH Flagship and MHM in and around school community’’ with an overall objective of enhancing health and wellbeing, gender equality and rights, reduced prejudice towards menstruation and improved girls education, and women empowerment through addressing challenges related to WASH and MHM in selected schools and surrounding community of Addis Ababa and Oromia by the end of 2023.
This project will implement in Oromia region and Addis Ababa city administration of the country specifically in Addis Ababa – Gullele and Yeka sub city and in Oromia region in Adama, Metehara, Mojo and Bishoftu towns. The project designed in alignment with the government and community interest and will implement for 3 years from January 1/2021 to December 31/2023. Total direct beneficiaries of the project are 140,773 and the indirect 45,120 populations
It is well recognized that menstrual hygiene management (MHM) is an important aspect of eliminating inequalities in WASH service access and that MHM contributes to reducing early marriage through improving girls’ school attendance, performance and school completion, yet the situation in Ethiopia is still very poor.
To address this huge socio-economic and public health challenge, Amref Ethiopia is proposing to implement a comprehensive Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) and Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in schools, communities and out of schools. It proposes to promote and installation of WASH infrastructures in schools and for communities residing in slums, formal and informal settlements.
Project Goal: Enhanced health and wellbeing, gender equality and rights, reduced prejudice towards menstruation and improved girls’ education, and women empowerment.
Specific objectives of the Project
- To enhance school attendance of girl’ (reduced absenteeism) and performance leading to increased years of schooling; and reduced work absenteeism & community activities of women
- To increase enabling environment for MHM in schools as management and politicians take up
- To increase access to MHM products and services for adolescent girls and women in the project target areas
- To increase access and use of sustainable WASH in the targeted communities
- To improve positive attitude and perception towards MHM in schools (boys, teachers, supportive staffs) and out of schools in the targeted areas
Rationale or purposes of the MHM Training module development
The purpose of developing MHM (Menstrual Hygiene Management) and WASH training module is to have a technical teaching guide and standard document with comprehensive information about MHM with special focus for girls and women. The module also expected to include the WASH services directly influence on the MHM promotion and practice. The module become a support document to provide training by this project and others for different segment of communities like boys, girls, men, women, and women with disability) at health facilities, workplaces, schools, communities, and different government and social institutions.
- The consultant or consultancy firm will have expertise in the fields of C Public Health, Environmental Health and Social Science with a minimum of Second Degree (MPH, MA or M.Sc.)
- Very good professional diversity with ample experience in related areas
- Significant previous experience in similar tasks or consultancies; previous experience in similar tasks or consultancy. In particular, the applicant must have experience in development of training module in relation to WASH and School MHM preferably in Addis Ababa and Oromia in urban setting
- Analytical and conceptual ability, demonstrated understanding of designing training module in relation to WASH and MHM
- High quality English report writing
Consultancy firm requirements
- Registered and renewed license for the fiscal year
- VAT registration and Tin number registration
- CV with relevant experiences as a firm in the development of MHM and WASH Training module
- Technical and financial proposals with clear and distinct financial breakdowns and schedule
How to Apply
Potential consultants are invited to collect TOR free of charge through one of the below email address until November 29, 2021 and can submit the proposal till November 30, 2021
Potential consultants are invited to submit their applicantion through: [email protected] or [email protected] or in person at Amref Health Africa, Ethiopia Office, located behind Bole Medhanialem Church, near to Abyssinia Building or mail through: P.O.Box 20855, Code 1000 AA
For more Vacancy Alerts Join Doctors Online On Telegram