Doctors Online Ethiopia, November 16 2021
Nov 15, 2021 – Nov 25, 2021
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under the general supervision of the MSIE Area Programs Manager, the job holder performs nursing duties, mobilization activities, ensuring efficient delivery and client care in accordance with accepted standard medical practice and professional codes of conduct.
- Provides nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to clients based on client’s assessment and care planning procedures.
- Performs SRH interventions such as client counselling, family planning service provision, comprehensive abortion care, taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques, ensuring infection control
- Administers medication and observes and documents therapeutic effects
- Provides pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
- Monitors Clients’ progress, evaluate effectiveness of SRH interventions and consults with appropriate members of outreach team
- Provides reproductive health/family planning education to individuals and the communities.
- Plan, implement and document demand creation activities.
IDP Clinical Nurse Role
- Provides comprehensive family planning services
- Provides family planning counseling services to make clients to make informed voluntary decision on their contraceptive choice.
- Provides safe abortion services based upon Ethiopian Legal Abortion Requirements
- Provides counseling on preventing unwanted pregnancies, correct use of pregnancy termination procedures.
- Prepares all surgical instruments, sets and medical supplies required for operation in accordance with accepted standards,
- Assists surgeons intra-operatively (as a Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, etc.) and makes the instruments ready for other operations as required.
- Cleans and sterilizes the operating room and instruments.
- Carries messages, reports, requisitions, and specimens between departments
- Makes beds and maintains Clients’ rooms
- Ensures the maintenance of high-level standards and applies universal precautions to prevent infection (e.g., Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS) from blood or other body fluids of Clients
- Accounts for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Participate in demand creation activity
- Made close follow up for post procedure clients
- Maintain inventory of supplies; accounts for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Handling client’s belongingness properly
- Performs related tasks as required
BSc/Diploma in Nursing
Two Years’ experience for BSC nurse and four years for Diploma nurse.
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Conscious of Government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Counselling skill and ability to provide FP and SA services
- Well conversant with Tigrigna language
- Good knowledge of the area and the culture
- Ability to work under insecure and stressful situation
Number of Position: (02)
Duty Station: MSIE: Gottera MCH, Addis Ababa
Employment Type: full time
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:[email protected]
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!