Nov 11, 2021 – Nov 21, 2021
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Emergency Response officer (ERO) will be engaged in emergency response program planning support, data and information organization, compilation, and documentation, and assist in emergency response set up, monitoring, and facilitating trainings/workshops. She/ He will expected to assist ERR team in emergency preparedness planning support activities such as cash Transfer programming, and Beneficiary Feedback mechanism, micro preparedness planning initiatives, participating on IRC direct NFI/DKI, Cash distribution, subgrant monitoring and is encouraged to spend over 75% in the field and deployments assignments in various regions in Ethiopia as needed. The ER Officer directly reports to the Emergency Response Manager (ES /NFI and cash) and works closely with the rest of ERR team members based in Addis.
- Assist IRC Ethiopia Emergency Response Team collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information on emergency responses
- Assist ERR team in providing orientation for ERR staffs who are responsible for the beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM).
- Assist ERR team in compiling, organizing, and managing data on Beneficiary feedback and response (BFRM) from different field sites; and timely collect, organize the field complains and supervise BFRM database of the country ERR program at Addis level.
- Assist in trucking emergency response coordination participation at federal and also closely work ERR focal points with IRC field offices in compiling the participation in coordination using developed formats
- Assist in tracking the prepositioning and dispatch of emergency supplies to the field sites and also partners
- Assist ERR team to coordinate the field team by organizing on distribution and post distribution monitoring of NFI including WTC and share with other field teams.
- Assist in ensuring completeness, correctness, and consistency of the ERR data sheets for direct reports from the field offices; and sub-awards after review by ERR Team
- Assist IRC Ethiopia emergency response team in filling out cluster coordination matrix sector updates (for respective sectors and using exiting/adapted templates) for review by assistant ERR coordinator/ERR Manager.
- Assist ERR team members in preparing procurement plans and supervising procurements; Budget Vs Actual and tracking stocks of delivered items.
- Assist ERR team in preparing cluster coordination updates using developed formats.
- Support and build capacity of field staff on project data organization and management specific to the project.
- Support the ERR program in collecting necessary data and participate on emergency assessment and project monitoring with partnerships.
- Facilitate report compiling, submit reports and documents and follow up with government partners to finalize the issue
- Directly participating on ES/ NFI and cash distribution at field level
Grant, Budget and procurement Monitoring and Management
- Assist in tracking and check of spending of IRC direct interventions in the field is in line with original plan, and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Assist in Preparation of PR and procurement plan for WASH NFI, ES/NFI materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Addis.
- Assist in Preparation of PR and procurement plan for materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Addis.
- Support in tracking of emergency supplies, dispatch, distribution in different disaster affected including documentation
- Supervise budget utilization and follow up on the project implementation with time and connect with field time on any delays to take action.
- Assist in preparing data/information on emergency response updates (ES/NFI, WASH, Health/Nutrition) for sharing to the different inter agency clusters.
- Assist ERR team to ensure the IRC direct intervention final proposals and reports from field offices are compiled and documented on the ERR server for the different grants.
- Assist ERR team in sharing feedbacks on direct interventions, reports and ensuring if review inputs are sufficiently addressed.
- Keep records of meeting notes/action points from the regular weekly or bi-weekly ERR meeting
- Compile training reports and reports on complaint handling mechanism timely.
Coordination and Working Relationship
- Work closely with IRC ERR team members in the field and Addis
- Work collaboratively with IRC supply chain, finance, and admin/HR staff to prepare updates on procurements, recruitments
- Work closely with IRC Ethiopia Health, EH, CWI, Program, and other units in Addis and in the field for increased integration and teamwork.
- Technical diploma or first degree. Postgraduate is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years for 1st first degree and 1year professional experience for Postgraduate in Public Health, Environmental Health, Social studies or related from a recognized University finance, business development, community development, rural development or similar, health education. Proven abilities in developing (specify specific abilities or skills required)
- INGO experience is a plus
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Very good command in English and/or (other languages) preferred or required
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required
- Basic computer skill- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and e-mail) and use of SPSS and related software
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more Vacancy Announcement Alerts join Doctors Online on Telegram