Nov 11, 2021 – Nov 19, 2021
Redat healthcare P.L.C is looking for midwives to guide patients and deliver their babies. The midwives’ responsibilities include identifying high-risk pregnancies and referring patients to obstetricians as needed. They should also be able to provide follow-up care to patients after labor.
To be successful as midwives, you should be patient, compassionate, and able to handle difficult situations. Ultimately, an exceptional midwife should be able to gain patients’ trust as well as demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Midwife Duties and responsibilities
Monitoring the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies.
Educating patients as well as their partners and family members on reproductive health, preparation for parenthood, and antenatal care.
Teaching patients with pain management techniques to prepare them for labor.
Delivering patients’ babies in patients’ homes and providing emotional support and encouragement during labor.
Taking and recording patients’ blood pressure, temperature, and pulse as well as ordering diagnostic tests as needed.
Helping patients and their partners to cope with miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal deaths, and terminations.
Teaching new mothers how to feed their newborns.
Assisting patients in creating suitable birth plans.
Providing sound advice to patients regarding diets, exercises, and medications suitable for pregnancy
Employment type: Par-time
- The ideal candidate must have the following prerequisite skills and qualifications that typically include:
- Technical phlebotomy and venipuncture
- Blood sampling with a finger stick method
- Arterial extractions for blood samples
- First aid qualifications
- Good communication, nursing and interpersonal skills.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in nursing or related field.
- Completion of an accredited midwifery educational program.
- At least one year experience working as a midwife.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Appropriate certificate or licensure
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and clinical assessment skills
- Effective communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Good communication skill in English, Amharic is required. Knowledge of additional local languages is an advantageous.
- Working knowledge of the duty station Local Language is desirable.
Values and Competencies
- Honesty, integrity, and respect;
- Competent and compassionate care;
- Delivering highest quality service and achieving high result
- Managing and sharing knowledge
How to Apply
Note: Interested candidates are invited to submit their application or motivation letter enclosed with detailed CV written in English, educational document and Certificate of Conformity in a combined PDF file format. Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.