Nov 1, 2021 – Nov 14, 2021
Vacancy No: IOM-CFA/0127/21
Position Title: Project Clerk-Wash x 3
Duty Station: Mekelle, Ethiopia
Classification: UG, Daily Contract on-call base
Type of Appointment :SST, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Posting Period :01.11.2021 – 14.11.2021
Under the overall supervision of the WASH and Shelter Programme Manager the general supervision of the WASH Officer and the direct supervision of the WASH Senior Assistant, the incumbent will coordinate, implement and monitor IOM emergency WASH intervention in Tigray Region, Mekele and its around zones in Ethiopia
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- With regular field visit, support and monitor the implementation of WASH activities for IOM Ethiopia.
- Assist in identifying relevant IDPs/ returnees’ sites that needs WASH assistance and support in assessing when requested.
- Support in doing independent identifications and verifications to affected population prior distribution
- Ensure smooth coordination and communications with relevant IOM sectors.
- Support in co-ordination with the National Officer (WASH), Coordinate with respective Warehouse Assistants responsible for stock records of materials in office stores to monitor proper utilization of materials.
- Regularly update the supervisors on the progress and issues of the WASH project.
- Contribute to the preparation of written briefings, situation reports and ensure timely delivery of weekly and monthly reports.
- Support in carryout all field WASH activities, including technical and hygiene promotions activities on ground as directed by the WASH Officer.
- Produce daily/weekly reports, progress reports and related updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in technical field Engineering or public health.
- Two years of relevant experience for Degree holders and Four years for Diploma holders
- Strong writing and reporting skills,
- Familiarity with the International Organization, UN agency or diplomatic mission an asset,
- Very good understanding of humanitarian principles
- Good computer knowledge in MS office packages.
- Ability to build relations with local government authorities, civil society, beneficiaries and other stakeholders,
- Ability to work independently according to established structures and guidelines, including administrative requirements, and maintain coordination with colleagues and supervisor,
- Knowledge of English and Tigrinya is required
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 14 November 2021, the latest, referring the position title, Vacancy number and the duty stationyou are interested in the subject line of your email. (Example: Application for Project Clerk- WASH (IOM-SVN/0127/2021) based in Mekelle) no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
NB: Applicants in north Ethiopia (affected areas), with no internet connection, can submit their applications in hard copy, in person, to IOM Office in the area.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!