Doctors Online Ethiopia, October 9 2021
JUNIOR RESEARCHER (MALARIA MICROSCOPY)
Oct 7, 2021 – Oct 17, 2021
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI has six research directorates; Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Bacterial and Viral Diseases, Mycobacterial Diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases, Malaria-Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD), and Clinical Trial. Over the 50 years’ service AHRI is well known for its hub function for skill and technology transfer and partnership embracing research agendas with direct impact in the development and transformation of population in Ethiopia and beyond.
We are looking for experienced, self-driven, and motivated Junior Researcher to join our Adama team.
The Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for plasmodium parasite detection
- Species identification
- Parasite counting from samples collected from different projects under the MNTD
- Having certificate in malaria microscopy specialty is an added advantage
- Good experience in malaria microscopy
- Be self-driven, self-motivated and a desire to advance knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Passionate about research in life science
- Willing to support others and share workloads
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
- Ability to work with others/team work
- Flexible to working off-working hours or weekends and holidays as needed
- Willingness to take up additional responsibilities and continuous training as needed.
BSc degree in Laboratory Sciences, Technology from a recognized institution with minimum CGPA of 3.00 for Male & 2.75 for Females; mentioning your CGPA in your CV is mandatory; otherwise you will be disqualified from screening.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through CLICK HERE until October 17, 2021.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page, describing why you wanted to apply for the position and how you meet the requirements for the position)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
No. Required: 02 (two)
Duty Station: Adama
Terms of Employment: One year contract with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.