Doctors Online Ethiopia, October 9 2021
HIV TESTING SERVICE SPECIALIST
Oct 8, 2021 – Oct 18, 2021
Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Save Your Holy Land Association (SYHLA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established not for making profit. SYHLA is undertaking various projects such as Sexual & Reproductive Health, Girls’ Education, and Caring for Vulnerable Children projects in selected districts of North Wollo Zone, Amhara regional state. SYHLA strives to mobilize the community in health, education and eco-tourism to bring about desirable changes in life and the environment in collaboration with individuals, community and institutions. Therefore, SYHLA seeks to employ qualified personnel for its USAID donated HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services Project implementing in collaboration with Amhara Development Association at Woldia, Kobo, Raya Kobo, Mersa, Lalibela and Sekota towns. Hence SYHLA would like to invite competent applicants for the HIV Testing Service Specialist job position.
Duties and Responsibilities for HIV Testing Service Specialist
Job Summary: HTS specialist is responsible to the overall HIV testing services, new case finding and linkage to ART services by customizing new testing and case identification strategies that are applicable to PEPFAR/USAID community HIV prevention, care and treatment program. You should work in collaboration with different government and private health facilities, PLHIV associations, community-based associations and like-minded partners in order to boost up the HIV testing services within the program catchment areas.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
- Assure the contribution of the project to the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UN-AIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
- Prepare action plan and produce consolidated and well organized monthly, quarterly, and one annual reports of the HIV testing services and submits on time to M&E officer and PC.
- Participate in staff meetings and in quarterly stakeholders review meetings, different workshops and trainings when invited.
- Using the new HTS algorisms, conduct Index-Case Testing and HIV self-testing focusing on highly vulnerable children and care givers with the target of HIV positive.
- Link those newly identified PLHIV to ART clinics to start ARV drug and for more HIV care & treatments to improve their health status
- Ensure that the targeted sub populations are exhaustively identified, screened, enrolled and appropriately served in the program
- Work in collaboration with local government, community and public health facilities, private sector entities, and local community structures like PLHIV associations to achieve the project objectives.
- Focus on the wellbeing of children and in safeguarding & child protection matters for prevention of HIV with a focus on highly vulnerable children and their caregivers.
- Take line-list of PLHIV including lost-to-follow-ups and drop-outs (defaulters) from ART clinics to track their index case and self-testing and to trace and re-engage them.
- Draw, prepare and document lessons, best practices and success stories drawn during the project implementation
- In addition to the above-listed duties and responsibilities, he shall perform other appropriate activities assigned by the organization.
Project: USAID funded Family-Focused HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services
Duty Station: Woldia
Reports to: Immediate Supervisor
Working Place: Woldia, Kobo, Mersa, Sekota and Lalibela
Term of Employment: Full time for 12 months contract (October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022) with a possibility of extension based on the proven performance of the employee and the continuation of the project.
- MSc or BSc in HO Nursing, Medicine or other health related fields and training Certificate on New HTS Algorism, VCT, PITC, ICS, ICT and the like
- 4/6 years, 3 of which on PEPFAR /USAID funded HIV/AIDS programs
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements are invited to apply and submit your signed application letter, updated CV and non-returnable photocopies of all academic credentials, testimonials and any other supporting training certificates and related work experiences in person to Dessie ADA Building (Building 4th floor, room number 407) within Ten (10) consecutive days from the date of announcement. For remote applicants you can use this email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for evaluation. Exam date & place will be notified for short listed candidates through phone calls. SYHLA encourages female candidates to apply.