Doctors Online Ethiopia, October 9 2021
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FACILITATORS (CEF)
Oct 7, 2021 – Oct 13, 2021
Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA), is an indigenous non-governmental Organization working in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention, Care, treatment and Support services over the past 2 decades nationally. MENA is now in the process of recruiting employees for its new prospective “Family focused HIV prevention; Care and Treatment services project supported by USAID with partnership ISHDO. MENA invites Competent Candidates to apply for the following vacant position of Community Engagement Facilitators (CEF).
Major Duties/Job Summary: –
- Conduct Community Based HIV Testing based on Clients’ preference
- Conduct assisted and non assisted HIV Self-test for eligible clients at community.
- Facilitate referral linkage from Community to Health facility and vice versa for ICT and OVC
- He/She overseeing and supporting case management activities for PLHIV in the Community including recording and reporting using paper-based system which later migrates to Comm care application.
- Build capacity of CWs/Volunteers through providing trainings, mentoring and close follow up.
- Coordinate community stakeholders for effective communication on client’s referral and other services.
- Establish and strengthening community ART Group (CAG) in the community
Gender: Female/Male (female candidates are encouraged to apply)
Term of Employment: One year with possible extension based on performance
No. of Vacant Positions: five (5)
Location: Adama, Oromia
Qualification: BSc or Diploma in Nursing
Work experience: A minimum of (5 years for Diploma and 3 years for BSC) work experience (preferably in NGO) with similar Position.
- Should be computer literate (MS word, Excel and Access, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
- HIV Self-test and HIV testing training on new national algorism.
- COC Certificate for level IV applicants.
- Professional registration and license from concerned health office
- Basic (spoken and written) skill in English and Local Language
- Ability to Coordinate and Support volunteers working in the Community
- Demonstrated Knowledge and Skill in HIV Counseling and testing; on PITC and ICT.
- Experience in USAID HIV care and treatment activity is a plus
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should submit in person with non-returnable application together with CV and copies of credentials to MENA Adama Branch Office located at Hangatu kebele (14) around the old railway or thru e-mail address [email protected] within 5 days of the first appearance of this announcement. For more information call to: +251221118425 (Office).
Note: Use “Community Engagement Facilitators (CEF)” as the subject line of your email !
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted for written exam and interview.
MENA have the right to cancel the announcement if there is a need to do so.