Doctors Online Ethiopia, October 8 2021
Oct 7, 2021 – Oct 17, 2021
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
In collaboration with Lund University, Sweden, we are conducting a study on HIV transmission in the era of scaling up access to antiretroviral therapy in Ethiopia –improved strategies for case finding and treatment monitoring in Adama. The project aims to study how persons with ongoing viral replication during ART contribute to ongoing HIV transmission, and to determine patterns of HIV transmission in the community with regard to risk behavior, socio-economic conditions and the presence of drug-resistance mutations
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate and energetic in the position of Assistant Researcher under Bacterial & Viral Diseases Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct clinical evaluation on the study participants
- Recruit, screen and enrol eligible participants
- Ensure eligibility criteria for proper enrolment of potential study participants
- Perform consenting process with eligible study participants
- Fill in clinical evaluation, laboratory results and other necessary information on the study questionnaires
- Perform some clinical tests related to the study
- Collect specimens from eligible study participants
- Trace and follow study participants on a timely basis together with the study/field coordinator
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- MSc Degree in Nursing or Health Officer; OR
- BSc Degree in Nursing or Health Officer AND 2 years related experience.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other collogues
- Ability to set priorities on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before October 27, 2021.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
No. Required: 01 (One)
Duty Station: Adama
Terms of Employment: One year contract with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.