Doctors Online Ethiopia, October 7 2021
Oct 7, 2021 – Oct 13, 2021
Save the Children
Position: TSFP Officer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Semera, Ethiopia
Posted date: 8 minutes ago
Application Deadline: Oct, 13/2021 (6 days left)
The Opportunity (TSFP – Officer)
Area of Accountability
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In charge of SFP quality program implementation and monthly SFP activity in the woreda
- Works closely with EOS/TSFP in project areas if available
- Organizes training and gives technical support in EOS
- Responsible for supervising and managing supplementary food on a pre-mix basis
- Ensure availability of required material for a pre-mix
- Supervise and ensure sanitary preparation of premix
- Monitors the commodity status for SFP
- S/He also supports the SC/OTP programs
- Participate in capacity-building training , health education sessions, and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep a current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Responsible for the outreach work and follow up of community volunteers/women
- Responsible for follow up and report of cases referred by Community volunteers
- Supervises the organization, sanitation, technical quality, and availability of supplies in SC/OTP/SFP.
- Supports the compilation of the monthly report.
- Supports the program integration with DPPO and MoH through job trainings and supervision
- Organizes monthly reports and report on time to the CMAM Coordinator and provides updates when needed
- Provides a regular monthly overview of supplies and other necessary materials
- Any other duty gave from time to time from CMAM Nutrition Officer and Manager
To be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
- To be considered for the post applicants should have at least 2-4 years experience in Nutrition programs with in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in the technical areas;
- Work in harsh circumstances and travel to field
- experience to facilitate and organize training in CMAM in general and TSF Specifically
- computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications; knowledge of statistical software –Epi info and SPSS
- commitment to Save the Children values
- proven ability to prepare bi-weekly and monthly reports and work independently and in teams
- Ability to meet deadlines and in delivering quality work
- To be considered for the post; the local language is Mandatory.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties following our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Click here
For more vacancy Alerts Join us On Telegram