Embassy of United States of America
Position: Human Resources Assistant (Disabilities Advisor)
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary: USD $12,133
Application Deadline: Oct, 19/2021
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency
- For USEFM – FP is 6. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Human Resources Assistant (Disabilities Advisor) position.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: NO
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: NO
Travel Required: Not Required
Responsible for specific personnel functions performed at post. Major responsibility is either position classification advisory role of all locally recruited positions by providing guidance to supervisors in developing new/revising existing positions and submitting the complete package to RCCs AND/OR recruitment and onboarding of employees including third country nationals AND/OR management of the Merit Based Compensation System. Other duties can include preparation of all types of personnel actions; placement and promotion of local employees; resignations and disciplinary actions; preparing staffing patterns; and managing or assisting with Official Residence Expenses (ORE) staff employment, Awards program, LE Staff salary and benefits, i.e. medical insurance, pension plan, local social security participation. Maintains personnel records and files and prepares periodic and non-recurring reports. Act as Post’s point of contact on disabilities issues.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in human resources or administrative field is required.
EDUCATION: Completion of two years of general college studies is required
- Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Amharic is required.
- Level 3 Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (These may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, and Internet). Must have understanding of mathematical formulas for preparing statistical reports on various elements of data analysis. Strong writing skills to produce and update complex reports, spreadsheets, and correspondence. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills to manage in-person and telephone contacts. Must be organized, diligent and able to work under pressure. Good interpersonal relationships are required. (These may be tested).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead.
How to apply
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested completion of High/Secondary school diploma is required. as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Passport copy (if applicable)
- Two years of general college studies (required)
- Work experience (required)
- Certificate or License (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
For more vacancy announcement alerts Join us on Telegram