Doctors Online Ethiopia, October 6 2021
Oct 6, 2021 – Oct 14, 2021
Project Officer for Prevention of COVID 19 transmission through Improving Vaccine Coverage in Ethiopia.
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project Officer for Prevention of COVID 19 transmission through Improving Vaccine Coverage in Ethiopia based in Addis Ababa and Bahirdar and will report to RMNCH Program Manager.
To lead the technical implementation of the COVID 9 vaccination project in Oromia, Addis Abeba, and Amhara. Under the guidance the program manager, Plan, coordinate, and execute Amref overall support to Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) and coordinates field support with respective RHBs and partners on COVID 9 vaccination.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Planning and coordination
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of activities of the project.
- Conduct project review and planning meetings to provide technical assistance in defining tangible targets, project objectives, and revision of indicators
- Ensure that project schedules/plans are coordinated and completed timely and give support in the project target Zones/woredas.
- Coordinate and ensure that the project’s administrative processes, such as logistics, procurement, and policies are fully implemented according to Amref Health Africa and the donor organization
- Ensure timely and complete field monitoring of Amref supported activities and submit transparent and timely reports to supervisor.
- Ensure effective coordination for COVID-19 vaccination communication activities with Woreda, Zonal, RHB representatives, NGOs and other partners to ensure coherent, complementary planning and support for the COVID-19 social mobilization activities at the sub-regional level.
- Assist in the micro-plan preparation for COVID-19 vaccination
- Facilitate effective cold chain logistics, including timely delivery of vaccines
- Highlight gaps, using field reports and realistic data on performance and technical coverage.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with Woreda Health office, Regional health bureau and others relevant regional officials.
- Active participation in coordination and networking relationships.
- Liaise with Woreda Health Teams to promote, review/ develop track and use health indicators in health system planning and identify best practices that can be translated into scale-up activities.
- Advocate and liaise closely with stakeholder and partners in the sub-Region as a champion for increasing community-wide engagement on CVID-19 vaccination and overall response.
- Maintain close working relationships with other COVID-19 interventions like WASH, LEAP
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to address training, on COVID 19 vaccination and capacity-building needs and deliver relevant interventions to the beneficiaries in the project areas.
- Liaise with the woreda health officials to assess health facility infrastructure needs with regard to COVID 19 vaccination and related interventions and plan for the provision of those within the project work plan and budget.
- Work with the Woreda Health Team to educate how the vaccination is delivered and document as well as lesson leaning.
- Use appropriate IEC and other behavior change communication materials in coordination with program manager, Woreda Health Teams, and health communication advisor and support appropriate translation into local languages, distribution, and utilization.
- Liaise with woreda local government to train health extension workers, health development armies on COVID 19 vaccination.
M & E
- Monitor project activities according to the annual work plan using a variety of methods: review of reports, site visits to review records and to interview stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Ensure that monitoring and reporting tools are in place and used in collaboration with project partners
- Ensure documentation, monitoring visit and follow up on actions points.
- Document improvement or changes recommended at last monitoring visit.
- Report regularly to communicable disease program manager on project updates, issues, needs, problems, or ideas for improving the project performance
- Manage the project budget for COVID 19 vaccination activities by developing activity work plans and budget plans
- Ensure that financial utilization is in accordance with the approved budget and in compliance with Amref Health Africa and donor organization.
- Communicate with respective program accountant and analyze the budget utilization to identify the implementation gaps
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Public Health or related health field from a recognized University.
At least five years of demonstrated experience in implementing on vaccination and related intervention
Knowledge of project area culture and language is preferred
Skills / Competencies:
- Ability and self-discipline to work with minimum or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written);
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & MS Outlook) and the Internet application
- Able to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Can foster an open trusting work environment
- Accepts accountability for work assigned and performed
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment
- Willing to travel to the field extensively
Company, Policies, systems, procedures and methods
The job requires sufficient knowledge on Amref Health Africa policies, procedures and systems, administrative and technical roles. Other polices are those related to health systems, and how these relate to AMREF strategies, policies and systems.
The job entails one to determine the bottlenecks to effective implementation of COVID 19 vaccination project in the community. This involves finding solutions to problems encountered in Vaccination hesitance, community engagement, stakeholder ownership, vaccine management and reporting.
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be October 14, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
For more vacancy announcements alert join us on telegram