MHNT TEAM LEADER
INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE (IRC) ETHIOPIA PUBLIC HEALTH CONTRACT
Sep 30, 2021 – Oct 7, 2021
International Rescue Committee
Position: MHNT TeamLeader
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 13 minutes ago
Application Deadline: Oct, 7/2021 (7 days left)
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation, and development support to vulnerable people and communities in over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The MHNT Team leader is responsible for leading MHNT and proper implementation of Emergency Health and Nutrition response project at woreda level, focusing on IDPs site and will monitor targeted health facilities at the project implementation areas. Moreover; She/he will work closely with the Health manager and Senior health officer based in the Shire and liaise the health care services with the woreda health office to enhance their participation and involvement in prevention, awareness creation, and capacity building of woreda based government health staff (Nurse, Midwife, public health officer & HEWs) and s/he will provide ongoing technical support for gov’t health care providers (Health Workers and Health Extension Workers).
This position will be based at different districts/woredas under the Shire field office and will directly report to the health manager based in the Shire field office.
- Team leader (Monitor/Manager), responsible for all tasks related to the team service delivery.
- Responsible for team plan movement and ensure all service package components of the MHNT are delivered.
- S/He is specifically responsible for adult and under five-year medical consultation and nutrition service package and is supported by the two health extension workers.
- Responsible for all quarterly supplies-related issues (In/Out & stock balance) & timely flag of shortage.
- Responsible for vehicle utilization, administrative management including fuel & travel.
- Team capacitating (WoHo staff, HEWs, and other Nurses)
- Responsible for the link between the team and the zonal/woreda administrations, WoHo, and service recipient community
- Attend necessary meetings within the woreda during emergencies, planning, responding, and monitoring.
- Ensure other team members are doing a correct tally, recording, registering, and filling.
- Verify, compile and share complete timely reports to woreda and regional data manager.
- Early communicate any shortfalls (programmatic and administrative issues to SRHB &/or supporting partners)
- BSc Degree in Public Health/MD Degree.
- Minimum work experience of 3 years for BSc Degree, 2 years for MSc Degree holders, & 1 year for MD.
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable.
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the implementation of emergency health response projects
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual, and able to constructively address gaps and weaknesses
- Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding the cultural context of the local area
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply