Technical Advisor for COVID-19 Vaccine Introduction for Amhara, Oromia & SNNPR
- Job Description:
- Organizational Overview: The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is currently operating in Ethiopia carrying out a wide range of programs to support the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia in improving the health status of the country by ensuring access and quality of health services. We are committed to increasing our effectiveness through an innovative programming approach that optimizes quality, impact and scale. Being the largest CHAI field office worldwide, we currently employ over 150 staff working in the following programs: The Human Resources for Health, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNH), HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Lab Services, Vaccines program, Global Health Financing, Woreda Transformation and Child Survival Programs.
JOB Summary : Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Vaccine Program Manager, the technical advisor will provide both management and technical support to the Amhara, Oromia & SNNPR RHB in quality Covid-19 vaccine provision, Cold chain and vaccine management activities. The technical advisor will support RHBs in planning, implementing, and monitoring Covid-19 vaccine introduction and coordinate cold chain maintenance. The technical advisor will identify bottlenecks that hindered Covid-19 vaccine introduction, including cold chain equipment functionality, demand generation gaps and vaccine hesitancies and produce mitigation plan. The advisor will also conduct regular Supportive Supervision and on site capacity building for private providers. The technical advisor will submit reports in a timely and at the set standard to the Ministry of Health and RHB.
Duty station: B/Dar, Hawassa and Addis Ababa
Reports to: Senior program Manager, Vaccine
Duration of employment: One Year
• Facilitates the regional level planning and coordination of the Covid19 vaccine introduction and delivery preparation and readiness activities
• Coordinate cold chain equipment maintenance and functionality, so that Covid-19 properly introduced and managed
• Establish or engage in the existing regional Technical Working Group (RTWG) for COVID-19 vaccine introduction preparation activities
• Provide training and other capacity building activities through supportive supervision on preparation for COVID-19 vaccine introduction at RHB, zones, Woredas and HF levels
• Engage in Technical assistance in identification of primary targets of COVID-19 vaccine recipients and addressing vaccine hesitancy and improve demand generation
• Support micro plan preparation for target groups of Covid19 vaccination
• Facilitate review, advocacy and experience sharing meetings.
• Support the COVID-19 Vaccine roll out data flow system, data compilation, analysis and use for action
• Support RHB in documentation of lesson learned from COVID 19 vaccine roll out in the respective regions.
• Support RHB in alignment of COVID 19 vaccine roll out with other routine EPI activities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in periodic virtual covid-19 vaccine roll out update meetings with MOH and others
• Perform other related work activities as needed
- Job Requirements:
- Qualification and experiences:
• Bachelor of degree or above in health science (Public health, epidemiology, medicine and Nursing)
• Five and above years of professional experience on immunization, and/or other health programs
• Experience working with governments at national or subnational level on EPI program and related activities
• Additional EPI,cold chain and vaccine management related training has an advantage
• Experience in covid-19 response support activities at national and subnational level has an advantage too
Knowledge Skills and abilities:
• Strong relationship management, project management, and documentation skills
• Experience in coordinating working groups or taskforce at the national or regional level in immunization program;
• Experience of developing guidelines, training materials and job aids in relation of Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance and immunization program;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Power point
• Humility and willingness to work hard in difficult conditions, patience with bureaucracy
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to set and meet and deadlines.
· Fluency in English, and Amharic
· Knowledge of regional language is advantageous.
- How To Apply: