Outreach Clinical Officer
- Job Description:
- Under the administrative supervision of the MSE Programs Manager, Outreach Clinical Officer performs Comprehensive Family Planning(CFP), Comprehensive Abortion Care(CAC), voluntary tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures; provides SRH services to clients in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct at MSE Centre, PFS, and BlueStar clinics; provides trainings on SRH services, coaches and monitors the progress in the facilities where the services are provided.
- Examines clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms.
- Prescribes and administers drugs based on history, physical examination and Laboratory test reports and findings.
- Performs Comprehensive Family planning specially LARC, Post-Partum Family Planning (PPFP), voluntary surgical contraception (VSC) and comprehensive abortion care(CAC) and post abortion care (PAC) according to National and MSI guidelines;
- Performs Permanent methods of family planning and other procedures, after receiving the required training;
- Puts the interest of clients/patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Ensures the maintenance of a high level standard consistent with available resources;
- Performs Tubal ligation and Vasectomy Procedures;
- Ensures and maintains appropriate and proper referral system for client which in-need.
- Responsible to report clinical incidents to Clinical Services Quality department according to MSI Incident management policy
- Ensures that clients’ cards and other records are up-to-date, orderly, properly filed and readily retrievable for reference and review
- Prepare regular reports on progress/ challenges identified and submit to immediate supervisor.
- Participates in training programmes, as and when deemed necessary;
- Initiates or collaborates in research undertakings;
- Gives technical advice to the public facilities, MSE Field Manager and BlueStar clinics on any possible action for quality care improvement from which the Centre, PFS and Blue Stars may benefit;
- Perform other additional responsibilities as per immediate supervisor’s direction.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Identify training needs within teams and, in consultation with the clinical training manager and arrange for appropriate trainings and induction
- Ensure that all clinical staffs are competency assessed annually for every service they provide and ensure that clinical staffs providing service independently are at level 1 competency and track clinical competency & training continuously
- Ensure action plans related to Internal QTA, External QTA, incidents, supportive supervision, and team meeting are timely completed
- Ensure Clinical Record audit is conducted to centres & outreach on monthly basis
- Ensure implementation of client centred care initiatives, collection of client feedback and use of feedback to define and implement interventions
- Ensure incidents are timely reported and adhere to incident management system with a no blame, learning culture
- Ensure medical supplies and equipment used comply with MSI policy on product quality
- Ensure documentation of client care follows clinical policies and guidelines
- Ensure availability of all relevant MSI policies and guidelines at each service delivery site
- Participate in each quarterly MAT (medical advisory team) meeting
- Ensure internal audit is conducted to all service delivery sites once per year
- Ensure each center/outreach team conduct monthly staff meeting as per the recommended ToR
- Job Requirements:
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
- BSc in Public Health and Special training on Comprehensive Family Planning (FP); Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC); Tubal ligation and Vasectomy Procedures highly preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in SRH & clinical practice in the MNCH field, particularly in the areas of comprehensive abortion care and comprehensive Family planning (CFP)
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Awareness of FMOH and donor’s guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
Number of Position: (02)
Duty Station: MSE East Area Program office and South Area Program Office
Employment Type: Contract for 6 months
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
- How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within five (5) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!