August 21 2021
Aug 20, 2021 – Aug 25, 2021
Skilled midwives to provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to Samaritan’s Purse obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications
- Provides comprehensive antenatal and postnatal care for women and their infants.
- Identify individuals requiring specialized or higher level of care and advice on type/location of referral to appropriate local/regional/partner centers for additional case management.
- Work with doctors, nurses and other ancillary staff to provide direct patient care.
- Assist with all general nursing activities and procedures and report any programmatic issues to the Health Program Manager
- Participates in the education of medical, midwifery, nursing students, clinical staff, residents, fellows, peers and others.
- Participates in Division and/or other research and on-going Quality Assurance or Improvement activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the SP values and ethics
Education / Experience Needed
- A degree in Midwifery and a qualification as a registered midwife is required. Applicant must have a minimum of at least two (2) years of professional experience as a midwife
- Has Experience working with IDPs or working in a rural setting
- Local language
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands will be dependent upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages and application letter (one Page only) no later than August 25, 2021 to [email protected] . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ”Midwife Nurse”.