Regional Care & Treatment Advisor-Hawassa
- Job Description:
- Job Title: Regional Care & Treatment Advisor
Duty Station: Hawassa
Line Manager: Regional Director.
Under the guidance of the Regional Director, the Regional Care & Treatment Advisor will support the design and implementation of comprehensive, family centered, and quality CT and TB/HIV services in ICAP supported transitioned regions aiming to achieve the 3- 95s by the year 2025.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
As advisor of the C&T, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
§ Lead the planning, capacity building, implementation support and monitoring of early ART initiation, adherence support and viral load monitoring through:
ü Optimal linkage of all identified positives for early ART initiation.
ü Enhanced counselling to improve retention.
ü Strengthen timely VL monitoring and improved result management.
ü Ensure weekly monitoring of all high viral load results.
ü Support for RHB to establish viremia clinics and extended hours service to improve RVLM.
ü Provision of support for TLD roll out and optimization of ART for children.
§ Support implementation of TPT as per the GL in the region.
§ Improve quality of care for adolescents on ART through adolescent friendly services.
§ Ensure provision of ICT for all newly identified HIV positives.
§ Participate and ensure provision of training/orientation for HCWs in the sites.
§ Ensure all required SOP/GL/PST/M & E Tools related to HIV care and treatment are availed to sites and used.
§ Provide TA to regional TWG and participate on RTWG meeting reviewing ART performance.
§ Ensure integration of mental illness care to HIV care in selected sites.
§ Conduct regular SS/mentorship to sub cities and sites.
§ Support the RHB and sites to ensure linkage of all identified positives in the facility and within the catchment as per the SOP.
§ Support RHBs to identify gaps in linkage for early ART initiation, RVLM, viral suppression, organize weekly/monthly PR, develop PIP and follow/monitor its implementation at site level.
§ Identify best practices at community and facility level, share and document
§ Lead and organize weekly PR on progress of linkage, early ART initiation, retention, VLM and viral suppression with ICAP team and RHB.
§ Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
§ Submit weekly/monthly reports to supervisor on time.
- Job Requirements:
- Physician with minimum of 5 years of experiences in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS clients.
- Experience in HIV program technical coordination
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting trainings.
- Experience in development of national documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages)
- How To Apply:
- Only online applications are received
- Click here to apply https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/495444/regional-care-treatment-advisor
- NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Closing date for receiving applications is -August 29, 2021.