Electronic Medical Recording (EMR) Consultant
- Job Description:
- Job Title: Electronic Medical Recording (EMR) Consultant
Position Type: Consultant
Duration: 6 months
Reports to: Deputy Lead Technical Advisor, Digitization
Posting Location: Addis Ababa
Application Deadline: August 27, 2021
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use; and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
The EMR Consultant is required in overseeing all aspects of the EMR implementation in Addis Ababa and in the regions, ensures the customized EMR systems is as per health facilities work flow and ensure a successful implementation of the EMR system at the selected health facilities. He/she is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of activities and compliance with JSI policies and regulations.
Scope of Work:
The scope of the activities for the EMR Consultant will be:
- Understand and keep track of the EMR project by working closely with the national EMR Technical Working Group (TWG) and Senior and Deputy Lead Technical Advisor, Digitization.
- Work closely with the EMR development team and ensure the customization of the EMR system is as per the national EMR standard.
- Work closely with EMR implementing health facilities and ensure a successful implementation of the EMR system.
- Support health facilities by identifying issues that may be a bottleneck to fully use the EMR system and solve the issues by working closely with the EMR development team.
- Support health facilities and fulfil their requirement to fully implement EMR system by working together all stakeholders.
- Assist the EMR development team in understanding health facilities requirements.
- Work closely with DHA’s implementation team and plan, organize and scale up of EMR at regions.
- Prepare timely reports to the Lead Senior and Deputy Technical Advisor, Digitization on activity status and issues.
Assure a successful implementation of the EMR system at the selected EMR implementing health facilities
- Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (Health Informatics, Medical Doctor, IT, Information Systems, etc) is required.
- Minimum five years of experience working on EMR or health facility health information systems implementation and scale is required.
- Experience working in the Ethiopian health system.
- Must have deep knowledge of business processes of the Federal Ministry of Health and its agencies.
- Proficiency in project management tools (JIRA, Trello, Slack…) is required.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage the development and implementation of project activities.
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English; proficiency in Amharic.
- Ability to prepare and present technical information to partners.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
- How To Apply:
- How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than August 27, 2021.
- Fill out the online application form using this form:Online Application Form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to[email protected]
- You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
- Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Application deadline: August 27, 2021.