- Job Description:
Ref No ፡- LHC/OGL /1433/2021
LIYANA HEALTH Care Plc. (LHC) is an integrated health care solutions company that provides high quality yet accessible and affordable specialized clinical services, import and distributes pharmaceuticals, provides health consultancy and teaching in health field.
Currently, LHC comprises eight divisions /business lines:- Yanet Internal Medicine Specialized Center (YIMSC), Yanet Trauma and Surgical Specialized Center (YTSSC), Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Import (YDMSI), Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Wholes Sale (YDMSWS), LHC Health Consultancy, Yanet Dialysis Specialty Clinic (YDSC), Hawassa Biomedical Engineering (HBME) and Yanet-Liyana College of Health Sciences
LIYANA HEALTH CARE PLC would like to recruit potential candidates for the position of ICU Nursefor its one of business line, Yanet Trauma and Surgical Specialized Center (YTSSC) in Hawassa town.
Qualified applicants who satisfy the following minimum requirements are invited to apply.
The ICU Nurse is accountable to Deputy Medical Directorand is responsible for delivering vital care to seriously ill or injured patients in Intensive Care Unit of the center include evaluating the patient’s conditions, administering treatment, and providing constant support during recovery. In addition he/she will be highly trained to treat patients who have suffered strokes, heart attacks, or undergone invasive surgery, perform a range of tasks including performing diagnostic tests, conducting follow-up visits, monitoring patient recovery, and responding to medical emergencies.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures upon patients clinical status
- Evaluate patients vital sign and investigations to determine emergency intervention needs
- Administer blood and blood products and monitor patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions
- Advocate for patient’s and family’s needs or provide emotional support
- Set up and monitor medical equipment’s and devices, such as cardiac monitor, mechanical ventilator and alarms, Oxygen
- Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions
- Assess patients psychosocial status and needs, including areas such as sleep pattern, anxiety, grief, anger, and support system
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop revise treatment plans, interventions, outcomes or assessment data
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status
- Prioritize Nursing care for assigned critical ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members.
- Begin treatment and monitor doses.
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors.
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit.
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient.
- Identify malfunctioning of devices available in ICU
- Maintain patient records.
- Create and implement effective care plans.
- Job Requirements:
Education/Qualification/ Work experience
- BSc degree in Emergency and Critical Care.
- BSc degree in Nursing plus ICU training certificate.
- BSc degree in Nursing and worked in ICU for 2 years and above and can bring work experience certificate.
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology.
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts.
- Demonstrate intense empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotional environment.
- Having valid professional license
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Comprehensive education and hands-on technical ability
- Ability to work on a team
- Passion for the job
- Ability to evaluate ever-change situations
- Plan for self-care
- How To Apply:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org– Application letter, CV and scanned documents are expected to be attaching to this email.