ASDEPO is a humanitarian, Civil Society Organization founded in 2014 that works in all regions of Ethiopia. ASDEPO fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
ASDEPO’ s operation in Tigrai and Gambella Region currently is focused on Emergency Nutrition response to Conflict-Affected communities through CMAM approach in Tigray Regional State, Embalaje, Bora and Selawa Woredas and Gambella region Abobo and Jor waredas.
KEY Roles and Responsibilities
- With guidance and support from the Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator, she/he will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of Nutrition program in areas; creates synergy and efficient working relationship with government and other agencies staff at the zone and districts level to ensure smooth program implementation.
- Leads /coordinates program at zonal and wareda level; supports project staffs in the respective districts level.
- Supports capacity building of the zonal and wareda health departments, the district health offices and health facilities of program target woredas to enable them successfully for implementation of the project
- Works closely with Zonal and woreda Health Departments in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the overall Nutrition activities in the zone.
- Provide technical and operational support to the Zonal Health Departments; coordinates and supports the conduct of joint supportive supervision to health workers at health centers and health extension workers at health posts.
- Works closely with the Zonal Health Departments and district Health Offices to ensure availability and reliable supply of CMAM commodities and supplies for the successful implementation of the program
- Ensures that all Nutrition trainings for government and ASDEPO’s staff are of high standard and based on the national implementation plans.
- Ensures that regular supportive supervision of HEWs and health facilities, and review meetings are as per the schedule and are coordinated with local government led supervisions /review meetings
- Participates in the development of the work plan, ensures the achievement of specific assigned objectives.
- Provides guidance and support to Nutrition staff in the districts in meeting project objectives.
- Supports demand creation activities in the Zone and Wareda’s through ensuring timely initiation and implementation of agreed upon activities
- Supports the implementation of M&E activities
- Attending humanitarian actors’ sector and inter-sectoral coordination meetings
- Prepares and submits timely activity report [weekly, monthly and quarterly] to the health and Nutrition Project Coordinator as per agreed format and Document & submits findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up action.
- Contributes to documentation of good practices and lessons learnt.
- Prepares any other report that may be required to fulfill the government or donor requirement.
Staff Supervision and management
- Supervises Project staffs
- Approves performance objective of subordinates and conduct monthly performance review. Provide staff coaching and mentoring.
External coordination and representation
- Building strong partnership and working closely with Zonal and district Health Offices, as well as other non-governmental partners
- Serves as the project focal person in the Zone and represents the project in working groups and partnership for as required
- Performs any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the unit head/his or her supervisor
Vacancy No: ASDEPO/001/2021___
Quantity required: 2 (for Tigray and Gambella)
Location: –Emba Alaje, Bora and Selawa Woredas, Tigrai Region and Abobo and Jor Waredas of Gambella region
Duration: 6 months
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Widely shares their personal vision for ASDEPO’s engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Nursing, Nutrition or Public Health
- Minimum of four years working experience for BSc and two years’ and above experience for Masters Holders related to Nutrition and related public service implementations in Emergency and development approaches.
- Knowledge in area of emergence nutrition intervention context is preferred.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, CV (with three reference check) and include details of your current remuneration through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person ASDEPO HQ in front of CBE Enderase Branch Addis Ababa.
Tel:+251-11-5579413/14 P.O.Box 5770 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Note: Use “Nutrition Coordinator” as the subject line of your email. All applications submitted to the ASDEPO include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted. Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews. “ASDEPO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.