COVID-19 SAMPLE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Aug 6, 2021 – Aug 12, 2021
Works under the National Laboratories Capacity Building Directorate. Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and improving COVID-19 testing laboratories’ specimen management activities at the national level and collaboratively work with different directorates at EPHI and COVID-19 testing laboratories to increase the surge capacity and ensure sustainable and timely SARS-CoV-2 testing services.
National Laboratories Capacity Building Directorate, Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)
Term of employment
One year contract with possibility of extension
To liaise with internal and external contacts: Specifically the post holder will:
- Ensure the COVID-19 specimen management according to national COVID-19 specimen collection manual
- Ensure the timely and efficient collection of COVID-19 specimens
- Facilitate in sample login as they arrive and distribution them to laboratories
- Ensure samples are packed, labeled and handled appropriately
- Ensure the dispatch and retrieval of samples ambient or frozen (using dry ice) as requested
- Retrieve samples nationally and coordinate the receipt of these samples in a timely fashion
- Liaise with the laboratory teams to take immediate and corrective action in the case of incident and file these records appropriately.
- Communicate any COVID-19 specimen related issues to responsible directorate
- Maintain all quality and technical records needed for COVID-19 specimen management.
- Attend various team meetings
- MSc in Clinical Laboratory Science/ Microbiology/ Virology/ Hematology/ Immunology, Public Health, or MD.or any related field of health
- At least 5 years of work experience working in a medical diagnostic/ research laboratory setting and COVID-19 testing
- Demonstrated expertise in COVID-19 testing activities, with adequate knowledge of clinical specimen coordination/management
- Ability to objectively analyze situations and make recommendations for decisions
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with people at different levels – partners, donors, community level organizations and other stakeholders
- Ability to learn new information, procedures and processes in a limited period
- Good computer skill
- Excellent communication in English and Amharic- competency in written and oral English
How to Apply
Note:- Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 7 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.