Aug 6, 2021 – Aug 10, 2021
ASDEPO is a humanitarian, Civil Society Organization founded in 2014 that works in all regions of Ethiopia. ASDEPO fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
ASDEPO’ s operation in Tigrai and Gambella Region currently is focused on Emergency Nutrition response to Conflict-Affected communities through CMAM approach in Tigray Regional State, Embalaje, Bora and Selawa Woredas and Gambella region Abobo and Jor waredas.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepare plan of action for effective BSFP implementation in consultation with the other Officers
- Effectively follow the protocol and ensure that the protocol is understood and appropriate referrals take place to and from the SFP
- Provide key health and nutrition messages to mothers/caretakers based on the protocols and guidelines
- Report directly to the CMAM program Officer to ensure that all problems are conveyed in a timely manner
- Ensure safe storage of the food and accurate records of the stock related to the program
- Ensure the exact amount of food distribution and proper follow up take place
- Monitor the effectiveness of the BSFP and submit report weekly/monthly to the CMAM program Officer
- Collaborate with other teams in sharing information and ideas about the implementation of the ASDEPO overall nutrition (CMAM) programmed activities
- Respect the dignity of beneficiaries, careers and members of the community at all times.
- Generate ideas to strengthen the development of the nutrition unit
- Perform other duties as assigned
Vacancy No: ASDEPO/008/2021___
Quantity required: 3 (1 person per Woreda)
Location: -Emba Alaje, Bora and Selawa Woredas, Tigrai Region and Abobo and Jor Waredas of Gambella region
Duration: 6 months
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to cope with stress; hardship; patience and flexibility.
- Ability to effectively work with government, and community leaders,
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in areas where the project is implemented
- Demonstrated experience and skills in ensuring community participation and gender issues in humanitarian programming
- Diploma or Degree in nursing or public health
- 2 years of experience working in similar position in a nutrition project
- Flexible with ability to cope with stressful situations and frustration
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, and preferably local language of the working area
- Knowledge on IDP context is preferred.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, CV (with three reference check) and include details of your current remuneration through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person ASDEPO HQ in front of CBE Enderase Branch Addis Ababa. Tel. 01115579413/ 01115579414 P.O.Box 5770 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Note: Use “BSFP Nurse” as the subject line of your email. All applications submitted to the ASDEPO include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted. Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews. “ASDEPO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.