DEPUTY SRH PROGRAM MANAGER
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Job Purpose Summary:
The Deputy SRH program Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of the SRH projects under the direct supervision of SRH program manager in Gambela refugee camps to serve south Sudanese refugees and surrounding host communities. The Deputy SRH program Manager will also ensure proper projects operations in a timely fashion as well as reporting to and liaising with IMC on SRH projects, administrative and regulatory issues. The SRH program manager will advise, liaise with and update regional government officials. The Deputy Sexual and Reproductive Health Program Manager will lead the SRH team’s work in strategizing, developing, and implementing interventions aimed to address emergency community SRH and HIV/AIDS services need. Other programmatic needs may arise, so flexibility will be essential.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support the program manager to lead the development and maintenance of the SRH’s theory of change, strategic initiatives, and performance management
- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide strategic planning or proposal development needed for future program development
- Collaborate with SRH team to meet established program objectives under IMC guidance, including, but not limited: increasing contraceptive access and security, preventive SRH and HIV care and treatment, advocating for more adolescent friendly services, and promoting higher quality SRH and HIV/STI service, comprehensive safe mother hood service.
- Adhere to IMC working hour /8 hours per day which is 40 – 48 hours per week
- Identify SRH gaps at community/refugee level and report to the senior SRH officer for appropriate responses
- Assist the Senior SRH Health Officer with the integration of SRH into general health care
- Address community based RH emergencies as per the plan including identification, response and reporting of RH emergencies to site Program Manager
- Collaborate with other IPs and Government sectors for the integrated community based responses.
- Regular meetings and communication with field staff of partner at the regional and zonal level on issues of common interest
- Collaborate with logistics and finance departments to ensure that program supplies are available in a timely manner and coordinate for delivery and monitoring of drug and non-drug stocks to the program location.
- Liaise and coordinate with partners including, counterparts and CBOs, regarding program activities.
- Participate in planning and attend coordination meetings as requested.
- Represent International Medical Corp at RH coordination meetings and other official forums as requested by the SRH program manager.
- Monitor and manage the effectiveness of the program, based on timely completion of program targets and indicators, on a monthly basis.
- Together with IMC SRH program team ensure that the program is being implemented as planned and within budget, and in accordance with IMC, UNHCR and global humanitarian policies and guidelines, including Codes of Conduct principles and standards on accountability to the affected populations
- Provide technical support for Senior SRH officers, SRH officers, and other SRH team.
- Ensure quality technical implementation of the SRH projects
- Support the implementation of SRH program ensure the objectives of the program is effectively addressed
- Facilitate community members in design, planning, executing, and monitoring of community based Sexual Reproductive Health service and HIV prevention activities and ensure active community participation
- Participate in data collections; community needs assessments, find out and adopt culturally appropriate solutions and community discussions to support the identification and implementation of strategies that promote active community participation in SRH – HIV prevention and response program interventions.
- Supervise, monitor and report over all SRH/HIV activities.
- Regularly update detailed annual and periodic work plans with project implementation and ensure this is used by the whole project team to monitor project progress towards completion
Proposal & budget development
- In close coordination with the program manager and field programs coordinator, participate in SRH program proposal development process.
- Working with SRH team and, participate in conceptualizing and designing cost effective, innovative and high quality SRH programs to serve difficult to reach south Sudanese refugees and surrounding host communities.
- Ensure that budget for the SRH projects accurately reflect anticipated costs of planned work at all times.
- Monitor, analyze and report significant variances between budget and actual expenditure
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Play an active role in hiring new staff at the beginning of the project and during implementation if necessary.
- Ensure and manage appropriate staffing within area of responsibility
- Ensure all direct reporting team have accurate and up –to- date JD
- Sets standard and agreed performance objectives for all direct reports
- Conducts midterm and annual performance review at midyear for direct reports
- Conducts end line performance evaluation for direct reports, documents and submits to HR
- Ensure staff submit accurate time sheet on monthly basis on time
- Manage the team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
- Provide technical support to the projects staffs
- Perform any other activities based on Line manager’s assignment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nurse, Midwifery with a minimum of five years of work experience or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- At least two years’ Experience in sexual reproductive health Health in refugee set up, and in Humanitarian organization
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- High level technical demonstrated Skills and Competency in the areas of Gender and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead, train and motivate a team
- Report writing skills in English, including demonstrable capacity in proposal writing
- Training of SRH, HIV/AIDS and other SRH related topics and also community mobilization skill
- Knowledge of English communication and writing
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV by clearly stating the position that you are applying for through www.ethiojobs.net On OR before August 12, 2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Website for reporting misconduct: . Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.