July 24 2021
ANESTHETIST NURSE / TECHNICIAN
Jul 17, 2021 – Jul 30, 2021
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: GUJI: ANAESTHESIA NURSE/ TECHNICIAN
Place of Work: GUJI / Sababoru with displacements in the zone
Salary: According to the new salary grid of MSF
Contract: 6 months with possible extension
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Assisting the surgeon with all anesthetic medical activities(pre-anesthesia evaluation, administration of anesthesia, recovery period, specific pharmacy, equipment, general organization, etc.) according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards, in order to ensure the quality of pre, during and post-operative care of patients.
- Assisting the doctor in the consultations to patients due for surgery: evaluating the risks of operating (in collaboration with the surgeon), obtaining patient’s written authorization for their operation, providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anesthetics to be used in order to collaborate in setting everything up before surgery
- According to set procedures, carrying out all nursing anesthetics related activities during surgery in order to collaborate in patient’s adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process. Preparing the drugs, material, and equipment required for the surgery. Monitoring patients throughout the whole intervention and administering and maintaining anesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Assisting the doctor in providing post-operative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room and special patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions during the stabilization and recovery process. Performing consultation rounds with the Surgeon Doctor once or twice a day, discussing therapeutic orientations with the department manager, renewing prescriptions and ensuring they are followed and systematically evaluating patients’ pain to adapt prescriptions and/or therapies for their relief.
- Respects, promotes and ensures medical confidentiality.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Follow user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device. List item
- Implements and follows hygiene rules, procedures and protocols at all times as well as look after the integrity of anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) in order to ensure the safety and protection of patients and other staff. Knows accidental blood exposure policy and procedure and implements them when necessary.
- Carries out all pharmacy related activities (stock control, station’s re-stocking, inventories, expired drugs, etc.) and other equipment of anesthetic ward, doing special follow-up of narcotics and sedatives (register, consumptions, empty phials, etc.), ensuring enough stock-up and the good functioning to carry-out the medical activities. Draws up pharmacy orders according to needs.
- Collaborates with other departments and supports other medical services in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities. Trains other medical staff when applicable and works particularly in close collaboration with the accident and emergency department and the midwifery and obstetrics team in the maternity department (especially to resuscitate new-borns).
- Carries out administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activities.
- In collaboration with the Surgeon Doctor, carries out quantitative surgical-anesthesia data collection, draws up and sends out reports for the monthly follow up of peri-surgical mortality and for the quality of anesthesia/pain management and informs the direct supervisor immediately in the event of medical error.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
In brief, MSF proposed a project that will provide essential primary health care to at least 72,586 people, of which 24,028 of them are IDPs for two years, with an emphasis on reproductive, maternal and child health, the project will focus on improving access to quality preventative and curative health care services, lifesaving services to pregnant and lactating women and children.
The location of the project will be Sababoru. We are targeting an HC Darme as a core facility with 24/7 services with secondary health care capacity. And 15 kebeles for outreach with a clear referral mechanism to 4 less equipped HCs and from them to Darme HC and further referral to Hawassa or Negele hospital. The targeted areas and population will be in phases. April we target 6 kebeles, June start service at Darme HC and September the rest 9 Kebeles.
- Nursing diploma with specialization as anesthetics nurse is essential, with a valid license.
Essential 1 year of previous supervised work experience as an anesthetist nurse
Experience in other NGO’s and /or developing countries is desirable
Mission language and local language essential
Desirable basic computer skills
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioral Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop their application file in the letter box at the gate in the Guji Project Office IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED AS SUBJECT.
Posting date: July 17, 2021
Closing date: July 30, 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
For more Vacancy Announcements Click Here
To recent vacancy Alerts Go to our telegram bot