Community HIV Activity Field Consultant
- Job Description:
- Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. ISHDO is funded by USAID as prime under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment activity in Oromia Region. The Activity will be implemented in partnership with other sub local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity in selected 41 woredas of Oromia regional state.
This award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve the goal of 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV initiated antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of on antiretroviral therapy achieve viral load suppression by 2030. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case finding and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
Position/title: Pool of consultants and short-term contracts
Type of employment: Short term contract
ISHDO is aiming to develop a pool of consultants for short term hire on need based and assign to various project operating areas for specific tasks
Roles and responsibilities
- Conduct rapid assessment of health system in providing standard ICT testing, linkage and treatment in the assigned catchment area
- Set-up quality improvement team to address identified gaps in offering ICT, elicitation, testing and linkage to treatment.
- train case workers from local PLHA association or PLHIV in a health facility to for community case finding
- Conduct community-based HIV testing using conventional tests and distribute HIV Self tests as an option for testing as a demonstration model,
- Establish health extension worker and patient led community ART groups .
- Conduct weekly performance review meeting with health care workers at health facility level by involving all relevant stakeholders (PLHA association, health offices) to track performance
- Work closely with health facilities, HEWs, PLHIV association, civic society organizations (CSOs), religious leaders and government structures to improve HIV case finding.
- Enter referral related client level data collected by case workers through paper-based system into electronic data capturing system (Commcare).
- Ensure safety and security of client level data.
- Submit report to designated supervisor and IPs on daily/weekly basis.
- Job Requirements:
- Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- BSc in Health. Having MPH will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of field experience with similar position.
- Must have a personal Smartphone for data entry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and including provision of training
- Trained in ICT/PNS, Rapid HIV testing using the current national algorithm, HIV Self-testing, and CAG/PCAD
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary team of health workers and community volunteers including PLHIVs
- Professional registration and license from concerned health office
- Basic (spoken and written) skill in English and Afan Oromo
- Able to work independently to meet project targets in assigned town
- How To Apply:
- APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are required to fill in only the attached application form and submit the form along with their short CV not longer than 4 pages and application letter through the organizations email address [email protected] within 5 working days from the date of announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area.
Note: Use ” Community HIV Activity Field Consultant” as the subject line of your email !
For More Health related Vacancies Click HereTo Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot