June 24 2021
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Job Description:
- FHI360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. For the USAID Caring for Vulnerable Children project in Ethiopia, FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to be based in Addis Ababa.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) manager is responsible for developing and managing a results-oriented monitoring and evaluation system and for the collection and analysis of data. This position will lead all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the project. S/he will have key role in establishing and managing information and learning system; leading and promoting high quality M&E practices within FHI 360 in general and USAID-CVC project in line with USAID/PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting guidelines. The position will assist implementing partners to develop high quality M&E systems aligned with their respective program outcomes; provide ongoing training, mentoring, and supportive supervision; and promote interactive monitoring with collaborative learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Spearhead the development of performance monitoring indicators taking into account strategic objectives and intermediate results addressed by the project.
· Lead the design of a performance monitoring plan defining each indicator, the unit of measurement, source of data, most appropriate method for data collection, and assigning responsibilities and verifying the information.
· Oversee the administration and maintenance of USAID-CVC project management information system for routine data collection.
· Overseeing adherence to the reporting cycle, developing and implementing data security and confidentiality policies, designing and developing database applications, developing and assisting in the analysis of data, providing technical documentation of data and quality assurance of data inputs and outputs, assisting with the presentation of data findings for the project, and providing technical support in the use of these data.
· Develop databases for routine program data and maintain the database/s, monitor and optimize database design, content, structure and other management issues.
· Assure data quality and accuracy through regular field visits and data audits; conduct data reviews and regular LIP site visits for reporting, including identifying M&E and technical-assistance capacity building needs.
· Play a leadership role in ensuring timely and accurate data collection and reporting
· Produce regular high quality analysis products for the monitoring and evaluation areas assigned.
· Coordinate data management issues (e.g. deletion of records, query management, internet reports) within the data users group.
· Develop and ensure adherence to policies to ensure the security and confidentiality of FHI 360’s identifiable health data. Monitor staff compliance with confidentiality policies to assure that security standards are met
· Assure the quality of data feeds and processing of downloads from field offices and into donor reports
· Develop standardized programming, data quality checks, and data documentation procedures relevant to the HIV/AIDS data systems
· Responsible for archiving research-related data and programs
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements:
- Skills and Experience:
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, Public Health or its recognized equivalent with at least 8 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting on programs related to OVC/HIV/AIDS in Ethiopia.
. Good knowledge of computer programming principles and languages. Particularly, knowledge on MS SQL Server Administration, District Health Information System (DHIS) Windows NT and Office Administration and Management, Relational database design and analysis, and MS Access/Excel programming skills.
· Capacity to generate descriptive statistics and conduct statistical tests using an appropriate software package (i.e., Excel, SPSS, Stata).
· Demonstrates a strong understanding of the PEPFAR MER strategy for HIV/OVC and its results framework. Experience working in PEPFAR OVC programs is an advantage.
· Experience building the M&E capacity of local entities, including local NGOs.
. Ability to perform spatial analysis of moderate difficulty and present results in a clear and comprehensible way, either orally or as written reports.
· Demonstrated ability to independently complete assigned tasks, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train and mentor others.
· Excellent communication skills and strong writing skills, including English.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35%.
- How To Apply:
- FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter to [email protected] to be received by 7th July 2021.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
For More Health related Vacancies Click HereTo Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot