Zonal/Cluster eCHIS/HIS Coordinator (Sidama)
- Job Description:
The Last Ten Kilometers (L10K) is a JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health of the Government of Ethiopia (MOH), Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs), national and regional institutes, and other implementing partner organizations, L10K has been strengthening the capacity of regional and zonal health systems to ensure optimum coverage of high impact reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) interventions and contribute towards reaching Ethiopia’s targets for reducing maternal, newborn and child mortalities.
Currently, L10K is partnering with the Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) in Supporting a Transformative eCHIS Implementation in Ethiopia. This four-years investment will help transform the health extension program in Ethiopia through improved use of data for robust performance management of HEWs, leading to improved health outcomes for mothers, children and adolescents. The project aims to transform Ethiopian community health system using tablet-based technology (eCHIS) to drive accountability and manage performance of health extension workers serving millions of people in 160 districts. As such, the project intends to leverage the power of digitally enabled performance management to improve the coverage and quality of primary health care services in Ethiopia. Ultimately, the project aspires to increase accountability in health service delivery by strengthening data use for evidence informed decision making on health program management and health worker performance.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Zonal/Cluster eCHIS/HIS Coordinator (Sidama Region), will provide zonal level technical assistance towards supporting the implementation of various health information systems at zonal and the lower structures. The Zonal coordinator initially focuses on supporting of the implementation electronic community health information System (eCHIS) and DHIS2 and supports the use of information for evidence-based decision making. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the head of the zonal health department and the guidance of the L10K 2020 program implementation team. The position is based at zonal level with travel to districts for mentorship, supervision and implementation support.
KEY DUTUES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with ZHD to conduct assessment on the implementation status of eCHIS and other HIS activities.
- Supporting the ZHDs in preparing evidence based and contextualized plans to address specific gaps, executing the plans, generating and implementing innovative approaches and monitor implementation
- Coordinate the rollout of the eCHIS trainings to HEWs, Health Center and WoHO staffs as per the project plan in the cluster woredas
- Coordinate with ZHDs, WoHO and PHCUS to ensure that the eCHIS and other HIS systems are implementing as needed.
- Provide technical support to ZHDs and WoHO on HIS system management and other related issues
- Provide close follow up and Monitor the workers activity on eCHIS.
- Provide capacity building on troubleshooting and use of eCHIS to the users.
- Provide technical input on data quality, information use and performance management.
- Build capacity for the institutionalization of data quality assurance tools, methods, and practices.
- Supporting the ZHB on the implementation of information revolution agenda’s and other related activities.
- Facilitate effective partnership with stakeholders engaged in the implementation of eCHIS program in the area
- Closely work with and contribute on the zonal and woreda level technical working groups and task forces.
- Support ZHDs in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of integrated supportive supervision, joint monitoring visit and review meeting.
- Prepare regular progress reports on eCHIS implementation status, strengths, challenges.
- Conduct regular mentorship to health institutions located under the zone on eCHIS data collection, data quality assurance and data use.
- Support ZHD and eCHIS implementing facilities in organizing learning visits and spread of learnings
- Support other ZHDs and L10K 2020 related activities when deemed necessary by the supervisors.
- Job Requirements:
- SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in health science/public health, Health Informatics and other related fields.
- A Minimum 5 years of in planning and implementation of health information systems.
- Experience on data visualization, analytics experience.
- Experience in eCHIS, CHIS, DHIS2 and other HIS systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the Ethiopian health system and the health extension program
- Familiarity with the Ethiopian health sector planning, monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Good skill on Android troubleshooting and application installations.
- Strong result orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-set
- Good skill in communicating, organizing group discussion, and presentation
- Experience with RHB, ZHB and woreda health office to implement strategies to improve data use.
- Good computer skill
- Fluency in English, Amharic and preferably Sidama language,
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. This is an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated professional and if you meet the required skill, competencies and experience, please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
For More Health related Vacancies Click HereTo Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot