- Job Description:
Reference No: HO/049/21 Job title: CMAM Nurse Location: Afar – Asayita Reports to: Senior CMAM Programme Officer Number of posts 1(One) Term of Employment: until Dec 2021 with possibility of extension Closing date: June 19, 2021
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOALis a non-for-profit organizationthat has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare, and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery, and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth, and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors, and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health, and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO, and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
Under the supervision of the Senior CMAM Programme Officer the CMAM Nurse will be responsible in ensuring the MoH staff is capacitated to run the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) programme independently in all health facilities, she/he will ensure CMAM medical protocols are followed and support MoH staff in the distribution of routine or supplemental drugs to OTP and SC children and Support MoH staff undertake clinical and physical examination of all children referred to the community therapeutic Care (CMAM) programme on day to day basis. She/he will also be responsible for.
- In collaboration with MoH staff ensures all necessary supplies (food and non-food) are requested on time.
- Support MoH staff to ensure that there is high standard of hygiene sanitation in the SC and OTP.
- Undertake regular health and nutrition education sessions in collaboration with MoH staff in OTP and SC. Give due emphasis for the children admitted in SC.
- Ensure that children are referred to OTP or SC programme based on the national protocol considering all the criteria for referral.
- Coordinate absentee, defaulter, static weight, and loss of weight follow-up with outreach supervisor in the programme so that they could be traced and followed up.
- Assist in the setting up and smooth operation of the stabilization centers and outpatient therapeutic program in the health posts/center or hospital.
- Encourage and facilitate the HEWs and health professionals to work with community volunteers to improve their ability to recognize cause and signs of malnutrition, provide appropriate education to target group and community to help mitigate MN and refer individuals as appropriate.
- Submit a monthly and weekly statistical report to SPO.
- Submit a monthly narrative report in line with GE reporting template to SCPO on time.
- Supervise MoH staff along with MoH supervisors working in the Stabilization Centre (SC) and outpatient therapeutic program based in a MoH health post, Health center or Hospital.
- Job Requirements:
- JOIN US
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
Diploma or Bsc Degree in Nursing with a minimum of two year of experience for Degree holder and four years’ experience for Diploma holder in therapeutic and supplemental feeding preferably in CMAM/CTC preferably in NGO environment
Desirable qualities, skills, and competences:
- Ability to effectively liaise with local governments organizations, NGOs, and donors.
- Flexible and creative approach, highly motivated and able to take the initiative and work unsupervised.
- Fosters working in teams & teamwork spirit,
- Training and facilitation skill,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language,
- Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
- Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live-in basic conditions.
- Understanding of the project nature and willing to travel and live-in field site, with frequent transfer from site to site.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
- Familiarity to local culture.
- Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent, and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty, and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign, and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
- How To Apply:
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable CV & Application Letter for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the position title and Duty Station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can Only apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply and send their application to [email protected]
- Applicants who don’t have access to the internet can directly submit to GOAL Ethiopia Field Office in Asayita Goal Office
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.
For More Health related Vacancies Click HereTo Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot