- Job Description:
Ethiopian Environmental Health Professionals Association (EHPA) is a non-profit organization seeking to further develop and deliver environmental health professionals to the public, teaching institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations. EEHPA was established to serve its members and contribute towards the advancement and maintenance of high standards of environmental health services in Ethiopia.
Project officer responsibilities include working closely with chief Executive Director to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. A Project officer works closely with project team members, managers and leads to help deliver major organizational projects efficiently. S/he will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties such as maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. S/he will help to coordinate efficient and cost-effective operations of all activities and the fulfillment of the mission, goals, and objectives of EEHPA. S/he will facilitate and strengthen membership and their capacities, dissemination of technical information to members and the public as well.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Planning and Management:
- Develop detailed work plan and implement the project activities as specified in the work plan/ position role
- Plans, organizes, directs, co-ordinates and support the day-to-day functions of EEHPA;
- Mobilize resources for cost-effective implementation of ongoing activities and new initiatives and the strategic plan of EEHPA;
- Ensures that all activities are executed as per approved work plan and budget;
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with government and non-government stakeholders, MoH, higher education institutions and universities, research institutions, professional associations, donor community, foundations and other international and bilateral organizations.
- Plan for and execute ways to increase membership
- Participate and take part in project proposal development.
- Weekly communication with cluster office/ focals and update data base of members
- Design income generating activities
- Establish or revitalize membership data base
- Participate and take part EEHPA strategic development
- Participate in different sector meeting representing EEHPA
Financial and Administrative Management:
- Helps the efficient and cost-effective operations of all functions of the Association;
- Help and ensure EEHPA’s assets are properly managed and safeguarded;
- Approves administrative and financial requests within the power delegated to her/him by the chief Executive Director and policies and regulations of the Association.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Networking and Reporting:
- Monitor and follow up timely and quality implementation of all activities.
- Ensures that periodic and regular comprehensive and high-quality financial utilization and activity progress reports are produced and submitted to the Donors, and concerned government institutions;
- Ensures that information on EEHPA and on its operation and experiences are documented and that best practices and lessons learnt are applied and shared with members and other stakeholders;
- Establishes and maintains relationship and co-operation with government, donors, sister professional associations, NGOs and other stakeholders to promote the objectives of EEHPA and build the image and credibility of the Association.
- Assist with any other duties as required CED.
Performs other duties as and when assigned by the chief Executive Director.
Reports to: Chief Executive Director of EEHPA
Employment Type: Full-time contract for 6 months with possibility of extension
- Job Requirements:
- BSc Degree in Environmental Health or above
- Being active member of EEHPA is advantageous
- Minimum of one year of experience, and experience as project officer or coordinator is preferable
Technical and Other Skills:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Document management and ability to use project management tools
- Attention to details even under pressure
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Basic computer skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with team
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants should send application by indicating the position for which you are
Applying on the subject line, updated CV and copies of credentials and other supporting documents with in 10 calendar days of this announcement
Note: We will not receive hard copies
Send your application to: [email protected] by CC to [email protected]
Ethiopian Environmental Health Professionals Association (EHPA) Address
Addis Ababa, In front of St. Urael Church AB zone, 8th floor, Room 103
E-mail: [email protected] Tel:-+251115620404