- Job Description:
Main Purpose/Job Summary :- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions. Accountabilities:
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and for prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient (IPD) consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Follow-up the progress of the hospitalized/IPD patients through daily visits, consultations and re-examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors and clinicians. Also, informing their family about the patient’s progress.
• Check and control the rational use and distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility. Take care of the quality, disinfection and even sterilization of the medical materials. Assure general compliance with universal hygiene standards.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the MAM or Medical Team Leader (MTL) about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness. Participate in investigating medical errors and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing biohazard risks and improving infection control.
• Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
• Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, giving evaluations and directly participating in emergencies and on-calls, if necessary.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
The context in the northwestern Ethiopian lowlands (very high HIV with Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL) co-infection rate) provides unique opportunities for research on management of HIV/VL. Over the past 17 years, MSF OCA has done 10 Kala Azar studies in Humera and Abdurafi, mainly focusing on HIV/VL co-infection. The impact of these studies has been substantial and resulted in policy changes at national and international level. These have driven WHO recommendations and international research agendas. Abdurafi has developed into a unique centre of excellence for HIV/VL treatment, and over the last years, we have established effective research collaborations with ITM, DNDi, and the University of Gondar.
In addition, the high caseload of snakebite patients in Abdurafi provides a unique opportunity for operational research on management of snakebites and evaluation of a new anti-venom.
General clinical management:
– Ensure quality of medical care in the Abdurafi Health Centre.
– Ensure snakebite and Kala Azar admitted patients are managed following MSF protocols.
– Participate in the IPC committee for technical insights on trainings and implementation of new strategies according to MSF standards and project priorities.
– Review, decide and initiate referral of patient following the referral criteria in place and present patient to MAM.
Research/Clinical studies specific accountabilities:
– In collaboration with the Primary Investigators (PI) and Medical Research Managers, ensure the quality of care for the IPD patients following research protocols.
– Support Medical Research Managers in managing research patients, specifically review study patients for clinical trial and order para clinical tests according to research protocols.
– Manage team of Clinical Officers under direct supervision in accordance to the MSF Internal Regulations.
– HR planning: integrate the work plan and identify HR supply and demand.
– Performance management: cascade mission performance evaluation tool in the department and ensure compliance. Make sure the team performance is followed up and supported as per the MSF tool.
– Learning and development: coach and mentor subordinates on key competencies especially on proper medical care, training and development by ensuring training programs are impactful in the department.
– Report any issues needing HR attention to the MAM or MTL.
– Provide technical support, capacity building and coaching to the Clinical Officers for improvement of ongoing patient care.
– Through close supervision, identify and develop the leadership skills of the Nurse Team Supervisor (NTS)
– Additionally, collaborate with the NTS to capacity build the Nurses and collectively ensure nursing activities are carried out in accordance to MSF standards especially in the wards.
· Position title: Medical Doctor
· No. of positions: 1 one
· Place of work: : Abdurafi (Amhara Region) Local Position
· Terms of employment: Six Month possibility of extension
- Job Requirements:
Requirements:- Education Medical Doctor with Bachelor degree in Medicine and surgery (MBBS). Experience 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor in clinical care. Desirable in post graduate diploma or certificate in tropical medicine, or Post-registration experience in Public Health, paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery. Languages Mission and local languages essential Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel) Competences • People Management
- How To Apply:
- Application Instruction:
Interested applicants should submit their nonreturnable and up-to-date CV and cover letter including clear photocopies of all supporting documents via any one of the below-mentioned locations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend further assessment.
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancellation from the recruitment process and if found after employment will lead to immediate termination.
Locations to Submit Applications onlythrough blow link
· Send an email to[email protected]
· MSF-Holland Office in, Abdurafi
· Gonder- 18 kebele Olympic Hotel ,MSF Abdurafi project Office Danesha Base and Humera base