RSSH GRANT COORDINATOR
Required Number: One
Reports to State Minister for Program
Duration of Position One Year with possibility of extension
Federal Ministry of Health of Ethiopia has been receiving Global Fund Grant to fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria (GFATM) and building a resilient and sustainable system for health. Ministry wants to recruit a Global Fund Grant coordinator for Resilient and Sustainable System for Health (RSSH) Grant. The incumbent will play a coordination role in the implementation of the RSSH Global Fund grant in Ethiopia.
Roles and responsibilities :
To provide advisory role on health system strengthening to the office of the State Minister (programs) and coordination role in the implementation of the Global Fund Reliant and Sustainable System of Health Grant (RSSH) activities and liaise with other Global Fund supported HIV/ AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria programs. The incumbent will also provide high level partnership strengthening support between the Federal Ministry of Health and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
- Technically support programs and different directorates in health system strengthening efforts
- Liaise between FHAPCO and MOH in the implementation of Global Fund Grants and provide need-based support and coordinate with regional health bureaus and other Global Fund grant implementers’ organizational capacity and proposes capacity enhancement priority needs.
- Coordinate with Partnership and Coordination Directorate (PCD), facilitate and arrange capacity building interventions to different directorates within MOH , agencies and RHB’s for successful implementation of Global Fund RSSH grant implementation.
- Ensure that agreed funds are made available on time for implementation and work closely with each implementing party for providing support and monitoring of the implementation of the grantee’s activities.
- Represent the program wing, coordinate and participate in Global Fund and other health strengthening grants and proposal writing, negotiation and grant administration.
- Coordinates the preparation of work-plan and signing of MOU with implementing partners
- Ensures the compliance of health system strengthening related grant implementation with government rules and donor regulations and policies
- Ensure the timely reporting of the RSSH periodic reports is submitted by collecting relevant data from all sources (internal sources, users of the grant fund and implementing agencies)
- Coordinate and participate in regular Global Fund Country team visits and address/coordinate the response for different additional requests coming from Global Fund Country Team or the Local Funding Agent (LFA)
- Coordinate the drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing of Global Fund Grant agreements in general and RSSH, including sub grantee agreements
- Ascertain the timely external audit of the grant and submission of audit reports to all concerned.
- Participate in different technical working groups and other assignments related to health systems strengthening interventions.
- Master’s degree in Public health, International health, Health economics or health policy.
- At least 8 years of proven experience of work directly related to health systems strengthening and program management.
- Ability to demonstrate in depth understanding and analytical capacity across issues related to health system strengthening, fund management with a focus on decentralized, evidence-based planning Prioritization and monitoring.
- Experience Working with the Federal Ministry of Health, regional health bureaus, and a strong understanding of Ethiopia’s health system.
- Ability to promote team work between MoH and DPS.
- Fluency 6 in English, good Communication and negotiation Skills;
Female applicants are encouraged to apply
- As new priorities emerge the MoH May periodically revise the TOR for this Position.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit all related documents including Application Letter, CV, Educational degrees, Work Experiences within ten consecutive days from the first date of this announcement.
Address: In person at Ministry of Health Office, Block 1 ground floor, to Human Resource Administration Directorate Office.
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot