- Job Description:
- Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. ISHDO is funded by USAID as prime under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment activity in Oromia Region. The Activity will be implemented in partnership with other sub local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity in selected 41 woredas of Oromia regional state.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve the goal of 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV initiated antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of on antiretroviral therapy achieve viral load suppression by 2030. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case finding and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
- Provide MARPs friendly pharmaceutical services as related to integrated clinical services including HTC, STI, ART and other RH services
- Provide appropriate counseling to clients regarding drug information; drug side effects, benefit, adherence and precautions.
- Ensure all pharmaceutical commodities are stored/kept as per a national and international standard.
- Provide feedback to internal clinical staffs on required steps to ensure rational drug use at the facility level.
- Actively participate in multi-disciplinary team work both in DIC and outreach activities.
- Follow consumption and tock status of commodities, generate report and request regularly for PSI, PFSA, LIP and town/ Woreda health office.
- Manage commodity stoke per national standard; use stoke card, BIN card and use FIFO method.
- Attend intra-facility service quality review session and contribute for addressing holistic service quality issues
- Be member of QI team, participate meeting regularly and implement improvement activities as assigned.
- Implement SOPs for pharmaceutical activity at highest diligence.
Duration of Contract: 4 months with possible renewal depending on availability of fund
Reports to: DIC Center
- Job Requirements:
- Required education and experiences
- Diploma in pharmacy(druggist)
- At least two years’ experience in counseling of clients receiving ART care and treatment program at least for three years
- ART pharmacy training is preferable
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications,
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written which will help to deliver massages as needed during patient counseling
- How To Apply:
- ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates are required to fill in only the attached application form from the link below
and submit the form along with their short CV not longer than 3 pages and application letter through the organizations email address [email protected]within 7 consecutive days from the date of announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area. Please also complete the summary of employment sheet attached with the vacancy.
Note. Please don’t send educational testimonials and other documents. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.