- Job Description:
- Respect the dignity of beneficiaries, careers and community members at all level
- Plan and implement IYCF activities as outlined in the protocol to achieve objective of the project
- Throughout the project implementation, work with and ensure transfer of knowledge, capacity and skill to HEWs and HWs in each health post and SCs to target woredas
- Ensure that all caretakers of the beneficiaries at the distribution sites OTP and TSFP have get the IYCF counseling by the health extension workers of each program.
- Participate in providing IYCF technical support to CMAM staff (educators, officers and area coordinators)
- Ensure that all staff understand and implement the IYCF program guidelines
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers (at PHC, Hospitals and community levels)
- Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate
- Train and support the HEWs in IYCF and follow-up according to national and international as well as the operational guidance on IYCF management,
- Participate in developing regular work plans for the HWS, HEWs, CMAM officer, HDAs, mother support etc
- ensures the availability of teaching aid and IEC materials for program implementation
- Act as an effective member in promoting, supporting and protecting IYCF practices (give IYCF awareness sessions and IYCF individual counseling sessions as necessary).
- Give support to CMAM team members as necessary
- Ensure that IYCF tools are properly utilized and documented; prepare IYCF reports regularly and submit to CMAM coordinators
- Link between CMAM team and IYCF team (such as promoting excellent communication and referral between IYCF counselor, IYCF educator and CMAM)
- Assist in the development and review of educational material(IEC /BCC)
- Prepare training materials and conduct IYCF trainings when necessary
- With support from M & E officer, Make sure all IYCF records are regularly filled and submitted (awareness sessions, database of counselled cases, etc.)
- Liaise with ZHB, WHB, and Health facilities and ensure the quality of IYCF/Nutrition capacity building activities are technically sound, aligned with proposed implementation plan and adhere to standard guidelines;
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding, timely introduction of complementary foods and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with IYCF
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times
- Assure the availability of IYCF training and counseling materials prior to any training;
- Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors’ front line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention
- Along with other SCI & partner staffs, conduct regular follow up site visits to provide support quality implementation, and document field all through submission of complete, accurate and timely feedback reports;
- Ensure IYCF indicator well captured and adhere to the national protocol guideline by CMAM team.
- Make sure that Mothers are counseled with the resource available at HH and proper understand
- Make sure that Mother who need special counseling are identified , linked and followed well for behavior change
- Support the mothers suffering from insufficient milk production with advice on re-lactation
- Organize quality registration, recording and documentation of patient related data in the IYCF according to operational guidance on IYCF management, thereby ensuring accurate data collection and reporting to woreda health office and PIE’S project office as per approved formats
- Perform other duties as required
- Job Requirements:
- Educational Qualification and Experience
- BSc / Diploma in nursing or other related field from recognized health university
- At least two years relevant experience for BSc holder or 4 & more years related experience for Diploma holders.
- Experience in nutrition program (IYCF) implementation- case definition and care, clinical management in CMAM and IYCF MANAGEMENT, data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers
- Have a demonstrated experience in emergency nutrition programme, notably Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition and IYCF
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan projects, and timetable agreed activities.
- Work experience in Health Service Extension Program is an asset
Skills Specific to the Post
· Good written and communication skill
· Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situation and frustration
· Ability to relate and motivate local staff effectively
· Interest and ability to train staff
· Good organizational and interpersonal skill
· Ability to work in remote and challenging environment
- How To Apply:
- The closing date for the application is May 12, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit their application with www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
· Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
· Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot