MHNT- Midwife (5x)
- Job Description:
- JOB SUMMARY:
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
S/He will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of the mobile health and nutrition services under the team by giving high emphasis to health education to IDPs on maternal and child health and also family planning services, safe motherhood and child health consultation such as Antinatal, delivery, postnatal and essential new born services, Iron supplementation, provision of TT vaccination, identification of high risk mothers and facilitation of referral and counselling on FP, exclusive breast feeding and HIV. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda health offices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level in line with public health emergency management with emphasis health especially preventing maternal and new born deaths.
· Conduct & undertake family health services as of PHC
· Provide ANC, PNC, delivery and essential new born care.
· Provide iron supplementation, TT vaccine, FP counselling and contraceptives
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism all obstetrics complications and other maternal and child health illnesses.
· Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
· Manage sick children according to IMNCI and ICCM guideline.
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus.
· Train and support HWs and HEWs on how to provide quality maternal and child health services.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
- Job Requirements:
- · College Diploma/Degree in midwifery and with valid registration/practicing license.
· At least two years of experience in the field out of which one year NGO experience in the field is preferred.
· Experienced working at the primary health care unit (Health centres) at the MCH department and labour wards.
· Good written and spoken ability of the local language (Tigrigna and Amharic) is Mandatory
· Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
· Interest in and ability to work in team.
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before April 14,2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.