Health Researcher I
- Job Description:
- The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Health Researcher I for Clinical Trial Directorate in a permanent (government) employment basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of clinical research study protocol
· Execution of clinical trial protocols and/or lead the clinical team of a study project in close collaboration with the PI.
· Conduct and lead recruitment of study participants.
· Conduct and lead clinical examinations and medical follow-up of study participants.
· Conduct and coordinate other clinical procedures required in a study protocol.
· Lead data collection, verify and review clinical data and ensures proper data transfer to DMU.
· Supervise clinical study record keeping and archiving.
· Lead and provide counseling and medical care of study participants as a physician.
· Ensure protection, care and retention of study participants during a study conduct.
· Follow-up, recording & reporting of AEs, NEs & SAEs as deemed necessary. – Prepare clinical progress report.
· Cooperate in ensuring quality control activities in the conduct of trials.
· Participate in any scientific review as deemed necessary.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the director and/or the principal investigator.
- Job Requirements:
- – MD and 2 years’ related experience and 1 publication points; OR MD with specialty;
– Experience and/or participation in clinical trials will be an advantage’
– Training in research ethics & GCP has an advantage
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before April 12, 2021.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
Please list your publication in your CV.
Employment Type: Government (permanent) employment basis
Salary: As per government salary scale