Re-advertised – Health and Nutrition Nurse
- Job Description:
- Plan International has working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised; with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Following the new CSP of Plan Ethiopia, the Emerging emergency humanitarian response, Plan is in vast emergency and recovery response throughout the country in all the Program areas including Afar and Assosa project sub offices.
As a Health and Nutrition Officer, the incumbent under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Health and Nutrition Supervisor in assigned district field office, is in charge of emergency health and nutrition components, leading, planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation, reporting, coordination, and controlling/ensuring quality of the intervention of the project in the targeted camps.. S/He will be responsible for representation and promoting the consideration of older people specific needs in the overall health and nutrition emergency and recovery programs coordinated by the government.
The position holder is expected to play active role in promoting and representing Plan International’s humanitarian program, in strengthening local level emergency coordination and key Plan Int`l principles to key internal and external audiences. The position holder will be part of the country humanitarian team and collaborate with other Plan Int`l staff at all level, contribute to the overall country strategy.
Dimensions of the Role
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
She/he will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of outreach EPI, health education, and screening, OTP, as per the guideline of Oromia RHB and WHO mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation, people provided for health education, vaccinated children, screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda health offices.
· Develop detail action plan and Ensure effective implementation of health and nutrition component in line with the existing donor approved project document in collaboration with other the project staff and other stakeholders.
· Lead the health team that involve health and Nutrition assistant and Home-based care providers and closely coordinate with other project staff
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism at health facilities and community level.
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· Ensure effectiveness of Health and Nutrition Nurse as the health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs on prevention and response of major diseases under surveillance and in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary drugs for provision of treatment under curative services, nutritional and clinical requirements at the catchment health facilities – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Job Requirements:
· Diploma and/or BSC in Health, Nursing and other relevant fields of study
· Minimum over 4 year’s relevant experience for Diploma and 2 years for BSC holders and with this at least 6-12 month years relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of emergency nutrition intervention, IYCF and health.
· Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
· Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
· An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic
- How To Apply:
- The closing date for the application in March 27,2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.