Anti Malaria Drug Surveillance Senior Advisor
- Job Description:
- The Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a technical arm of the Federal Ministry of Health of Ethiopia responsible to conducting research in health and nutrition, managing public health emergency and providing reference laboratory services. The Ministry of Health has now planned to eliminate malaria from Ethiopia, accordingly to the World Health Organization initiatives. One of the major activities in this endeavor is surveillance of anti-malaria drug monitoring. Bacterial, Parasitic and zoonotic Research Directorate of EPHI is closely working with the National malaria elimination Program at MOH.
In view of this, Using the funding obtained from world bank EPHI would like to recruit a Anti malaria Drug Surveillance Senior Advisor who will support malaria drug surveillance at the Malaria and NTDs research team at the Bacterial, Parasitic and Zoonotic Research Directorate. The incumbent will closely work, facilitate, and liaise the world bank funded malaria surveillance activities at EPHI.
Main Duties and responsibilities
· Technically lead the implementation of advanced molecular malaria drug surveillance system
· Advise and implement state of the art methods in malaria drug surveillance methods
· Liaise with EPHI research directorate/units
· Establish regional network for malaria drug surveillance in horn and east Africa
· Advise procurement of state of the art instruments
· Develop documents, guidelines and reports
· Support other related activities as needed by the directorate
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- Job Requirements:
· PhD or MSc in Parasitology, Epidemiology, Public health , Entomology or related biomedical science field
· More than 10 years of experience in malaria drug surveillance
· Experience of engagement in advanced laboratories in related activities
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Organized, able to prioritize and work independently Highly qualified and accomplished, outcome
· Hands on experience in designing research tools, training, and supervising research teams; preferably in research institutions
· Ability to coordinate activities in research and/or academic and public health institutes
· Ability to conceptualize, devise and lead research, research strategies/ research themes
· Demonstrated experience in writing research proposals and protocols; designing tools; and conducting interviews, focus group discussions
· Be familiar with local and international research ethics
· Be able to use statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, R or SAS etc.
· Demonstrated research communication and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability and being proactive in team work.
· Experience working with/knowledge about existing health policies, the Ethiopian health sector development program strategies and plans and the health system strengthening activities of the country
· Ability to coordinate research workshops and conferences
· Ability to develop evidence use tracking mechanisms at national and regional levels
· Ability in disseminating research findings with different; publication, policy briefs
- How To Apply:
- Applicants should send their CV and credentials online through ethio jobs.