March 23 2021, Action Against Hunger
- Job Description:
Work Base:Addis Ababa
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Number Required: 8
Reports to: MEAL Technical Advisor
Duration: 7 consecutive days
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 50 countries, our programs reached 17 million people in 2019.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions (Oromia, Somali, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, and Gambella) with a portfolio of 20m USD/year of emergency, resilience building, research, and innovation programs. We have a country team of around 600 staff in 17 regional and satellite offices. Our main donors in Ethiopia in 2020/2021 are BHA, ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, UNICEF, GFFO, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP, CIAA, and others.
Purpose and Delivery: Data collectors will be tasked to plan and collect qualitative and quantitative data with the required quality standard.
Data collectors will acquire a full-day training to enable them acquainted with the data collection tool, standards, and procedures. Data will be collected using smartphones/tablets
Essential job duties
Maintaining and reporting high-quality data
- Attend enumerator training and understood the assessment data collection tools;
- Clearly understand the purpose and objective of the data collection/assessment
- Proactively engage in pilot testing exercise and work objectively
- Build positive relation and team working with other data collectors
- Develop daily plan with supervisor and other peers
- Being on time in starting and ending the daily data collection work
- Ensures all data collection questionnaire forms, sample size, additional formats are at hand before departing to the field;
- Make sure carrying an Action Against Hunger temporary identification (ID)
- Make sure data collection tablet or smart phone is fully charged at start of the day
- Plan and work jointly team with other assigned enumerators
- Professionally communicate respondents, respect local custom and introduce yourself explaining the survey objective and purpose
- Make sure all collected survey data are submitted on daily basis to the server
- Inform and update supervisors about the daily task at least twice per day
- Responsible to report any assistance, challenge and troubles to the supervisor Submit daily report to the supervisor
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Job Requirements:
- Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
Educational background / Level of studies:
Diploma/degree in public health, nursing, or social science, have a minimum of three years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection on reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health related issues
- Experienced in the area of RMNCH is highly preferably
- Familiar with basic android or Smartphone applications
- Experienced in SMART data collection, particularly Kobo Toolbox
- Good knowledge of the area and local customs
- Have ability and skill to speak, communicate and write with the local language
- Good capacity to work in a team, capacity to manage priorities,
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours,
- Have the ability to cope with stressful situations, good organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Good knowledge of survey team supervisor skills
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work on strict deadlines;
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day, which may involve long working hours.
- Should be physically fit to walk long distances and carry the measuring equipment.
- How To Apply:
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, a Covering Letter with “Data Collectors” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Deadline: 25 March 2021
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be communicated on the selection process includes a technical test and an interview.
All candidates should apply online at https:// http://www.ethiojobs.net// Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.