March 22 2021, Plan International Ethiopia
Midwife IYCF Nurses (4)
- Job Description:
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International is currently updating its Emergency roster sheet for Tigray Emergency Response Project in different emergency response areas and is looking for Midwifery IYCF Nurses to play a vital role in our mission to archives lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children in developing countries.The Midwife IYCF Nurse is responsible for supervising nursing and midwifery staff as well as co-supervising with the medical coordinator all other medical staff such as of anaesthesia, laboratory, pharmacy, reception, OR and first aid / ambulance drives. He / She oversees patient care, makes management and budgetary decisions as part of the managerial clinic committee, sets efficient and economic shift schedules, coordinates meetings, and makes decisions about staff. He / She needs strong communication and leadership skills. He / She should be adept at coordinating medical resources and personnel as well as meeting project goals and objectives and harmonizing those two areas. As part of the clinic’s management, he / she must be an effective leader who can strike a balance between working with the nursing and midwifery staff as well as the managerial clinic committee members. The position holder works in accordance with the rules and regulations of Plan International and MoH
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level in line with public health emergency management with emphasis health especially preventing maternal and new born deaths.
· Conduct & undertake family health services as of PHC
· Provide ANC, PNC, delivery and essential new born care.
· Provide iron supplementation, TT vaccine, FP counselling and contraceptives
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism all obstetrics complications and other maternal and child health illnesses.
· Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
· Manage sick children according to IMNCI and ICCM guideline.
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus.
· Train and support HWs and HEWs on how to provide quality maternal and child health services.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on Family planning including available contraceptives, nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
- Job Requirements:
· Degree/College Diploma in BSC in Health, Nursing and other relevant fields of study
· Minimum over 4 year’s relevant experience for Diploma and 2 years for BSC holders and with this at least 2 years relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of emergency nutrition intervention, IYCF and health.
· Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
· Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
· An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic and local languge
· Experience on pastoral community in particular in emergency project is an advantageous.
- How To Apply:
- The closing date for the application in March 29, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.