March 19 2021, Jsi Research And Training Institute
Technical Advisor, Performance Management
- Job Description:
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a nonprofit public health management consulting and research organization, seeks a Technical Advisor, Performance Management for the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)-funded eCHIS project.
By scaling the electronic Community Health Information System (eCHIS) to 8,000 additional health extension workers (HEWs) in Ethiopia, JSI will leverage the power of digitally enabled performance management to improve the coverage and quality of primary health care services. The investment will help transform the health extension program in Ethiopia through improved use of data for robust performance management of HEWs, leading to improved health outcomes for mothers, children and adolescents.
Living Goods (LG), one of JSI’s partner organizations implementing the eCHIS project, will support and work in close collaboration with the Technical Officer, Performance Management. Living Goods has over a decade of experience in developing and implementing data-driven, digitally enabled performance management approaches (e.g. setting targets, defining incentive structures, defining supervision approaches, etc.) for CHWs (Community Health Workers) in Kenya and Uganda.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
TheTechnical Advisor – Performance Management will work hand-in-hand with JSI’s partner organization, Living Goods, to support the implementation of their scope of work in Ethiopia in collaboration with the JSI eCHIS team. Furthermore, the Technical Advisor – Performance Management will build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the MOH, implementing partner organizations, and donors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Manage technical delivery of the performance management component of the project.
● Oversee and manage landscape analysis, consultative workshops, field assessment, requirements gathering, development and validation of recommendations with FMOH, etc.
● Develop corrective strategies and approaches as related to performance management;
● Oversee a team of technical consultants to ensure that Living Goods delivers at high-quality and that there is effective engagement and coordination across all JSI projects supporting the eCHIS (i.e. Digital Health Activity (DHA) and the Data Use Partnership (DUP)).
● Proactively and frequently engage with Living Goods New Country Expansion team (based outside of Addis).
● Build strong, trusting relationships with key stakeholders within the FMOH at both national and regional levels and with key implementing partners and donors to ensure that our approach and goals are aligned, and that we are able to effectively deliver the scope of work.
● Co-facilitate (with the Technical Officer for Program Management) a dissemination workshop with the FMOH, JSI, and key stakeholders for official sign-off on recommended performance management refinements.
● Lead the development of the prioritized operational plan for implementation of the revised performance management approach in three learning sites.
● Travel to the field, as necessary.
● Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Job Requirements:
● 10 years relevant experience working in the field of public health and/or health information systems.
● A graduate degree, such as a MBA, MPH, Health Informatics, or other relevant graduate degree required.
● 5+ years of experience managing/coordinating a tech project.
● Experience working with international donor organizations preferred.
● Prior experience working with the FMoH and an understanding of the Ethiopian health context, particularly related to health information systems, required.
● Demonstrated knowledge in collecting data use requirements from different stakeholders and translating them into technical design
● Strong data analysis experience
● Ability to build and sustain relationships across stakeholder groups.
● Self-directed, organized, and motivated; ability to move projects and initiatives forward with little guidance or limited input from others.
● Strong communicator, both written and spoken, including excellent communication skills for policy briefs, presentations, etc.
● Fluent in written and spoken Amharic and English.
● Able to quickly adopt the use of JSI systems and tools e.g. Google Workspace, Skype, Slack, Jira, and Asana
● Ability and willingness to travel to the field.
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. This is an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated professional and if you meet the required skill, competencies and experience, please submit only your application and CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: March 25, 2021