Jobs in Ethiopia 2021; Save the Children; March 12 2021
Mobile Health and Nutrition Nurse
- Organization : Save The Children Ethiopia
- Location : Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for overall planning, implementation and M&E of mobile Health and nutrition activities in the assigned Woreda.
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health and nutrition services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per Somali RHB Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training and work closely with WHO staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of OTP, EPI, health education and consultations through using mobile Health and nutrition standards.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Work any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
The top 8 skills and experiences listed as bullet points – including qualifications and right to work if needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and certifications:
- Diploma/ Bachelor in Nursing or Public Health.
- Minimum Three years working experience with out of which two years in CMAM program and/ mobile health and Nutrition. Experience for NGOs is advantage.
- Experience in clinical setups is mandatory particularly Maternal and child health areas
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of CMAM, SAM management and IMNCI/ICCM.
- Solid technical skill on case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Fluency in Somali and English/ verbal and written is a added value.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases:
Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
- Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
- Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
- Developing Self and Others: Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
- Problem solving and decision making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
- Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others
How to Apply : Click Here
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot