March 10 2021, Jobs at International Medical Corps
GBV Community mobilization officer
- Job Description:
- Job Purpose Summary:
The Community Mobilization Officer will lead community mobilization and awareness-raising interventions in Gambella refugee camps to prevent incidents of GBV. The Community Mobilization Officer will work with refugee mobilizers and partners to identify any protection concern(s) for women and girls in the camp through discussions, meetings, outreach campaigns and share with actors for appropriate actions
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Engage community members and structures including RCC (Refuge Central Committee), women’s association, youth and children to design participatory strategies and actions to prevent GBV in the camp.
Ø Mobilize and engage community members, structures and partners in prevention and response events in the camp including discussions, trainings etc;
Ø Coordinate with partners to integrate GBV prevention activities in their activities;
Ø Facilitate community events such as 16 Days of Activism to create awareness on the prevention of and response to GBV;
Ø Engage community PSEA focal points to establish community-based complaints mechanisms and to raise awareness toward PSEA;
Ø Work closely with partners, including ARRA and UNHCR, and community leaders, and focal points, to develop strategies for preventing violence related to firewood collection;
Ø Monitor protection concerns for women and girls in the camp and share concerns with actors providing services;
Ø Maintain good relations with community leaders in camp;
Ø Maintain records of activities and produce regular t including weekly updates or Situational Reports (SitRep);
Ø Contribute to a positive International Medical Corps team environment;
Ø Participate in regular camp meeting as requested by the supervisor;
Ø Facilitate trainings and workshops on gender and GBV related issues for health care providers, GBV Staff, education providers, UNHCR local authorities, women’s groups, refugee community leaders, religious leaders, youth groups, NGO workers and any other identified groups.
Ø Monitor community workers and/or community activists in awareness raising activities, provide training when needed and mentoring on a weekly basis.
Ø Develop IEC and BCC materials, in collaboration with GBV team ensuring messages are appropriate for the community and tested before dissemination.
Ø Collaborate with GBV Response Officer to ensure ongoing needs of women and girls are met in awareness raising activities;
Ø Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and three months work plans in a timely manner and incorporate manager feedback;
Ø Develop and review activity and spending plans for new grants.
Ø Deal with human resource issues as needed; hire community workers, conduct performance evaluation and terminate staff as needed;
Ø Estimate quarterly program purchase requests and monthly cash projections according to the filed requirements and submit requests on time;
Ø Ensure that all relevant financial documentations is accurately completed and submitted to finance in a timely manner as required by the organization’s finance policy.
- Individual Guiding Principles
- Ensure vulnerable women including survivors of GBV are safe at all times; Respect their wishes, rights and dignity; Keep their experiences confidential and do not discriminate them.
- Job Requirements:
Required Education and Qualifications
- BSc Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Nursing, gender, preferred MSc
- A trained community mobilizer in a reputable organization
- Background in SGBV, Human Rights and/or Protection.
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Ability to lead, train, supervise, facilitate and motivate other GBV field workers in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work over-time when needed and able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential
- Ability to speak Nuer language is preferred
- Ability to communicate well English as well as Write clear and concise reports in English.
- How To Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through This Link before OR on March 18, 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at [email protected].