- Job Description:
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
Employment type: Contract
Duration: Two months with possible extension
Required number = 3
Report to: Food Science and Nutrition Research Directorate
The Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) strives to address nutrition and health-related problems by conducting intervention based research and contributing to the effective implementation of the Food and Nutrition Policy in Ethiopia. To this end, the Food Science and Nutrition Research Directorate is planning to implement a National Food and nutrition survey. This survey will serve as a baseline for the implementation of the Food and Nutrition Strategy. The collectors/Supervisors will have the following responsibilities and requirements.
- Job Requirements:
- Educational status: MSc/MPH in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or Public Health experience in data is advantageous.
· Be familiar with local and international research ethics
· Be able to use statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, R or SAS etc.
· Demonstrated research communication and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience of working with existing nutrition and health policies, strategies and plans of the country
· Ability to communicate research teams
1. Daily follow of the real time data collection and give feedback to field data collectors and supervisors
2. Develop analysis plan for dietary, nutrition, health and agriculture related dataset.
3. Clean the collected dataset
4. Develop data dictionary for collected dataset and develop metadata
5. Develop syntax for analysis and draft dummy tables.
6. Report to project coordinators on daily bases.
7. Conduct supportive supervision to support field data collectors
8. Support the development of report as needed.
9. Additional activities could be given by project coordinators
- How To Apply:
- Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 7 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.