- Job Description:
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the MHPSS clinical services in the assigned health facilities. S/He will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of the MHPSS services under at the health facilities, health education, treating mental health conditions at the primary health care level and mental health case consultation. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to Health workers in health facilities. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of mental health conditions treated, people provided for health education and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda senior emergency health offices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Implementing assessment, diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
· Work in close collaboration with the primary health unit team to ensure a comprehensive package of mental health care for all patients, and to give input for the mental health awareness and de-stigmatization activities in the health facility
· Develop and provide culturally appropriate facility based mental health care services.
- Collaborate with informal service providers such as natural healers to facilitate information sharing and referral of mental health cases.
- Assist the PHC staff in creating a clinical mental health service that is integrated into their working week, through specially allocated clinical time or an equivalent mechanism.
- Respond to psychiatric emergencies in conjunction with MHNT staff.
- Organize public awareness and de-stigmatization campaigns around mental health issues with support from local staff including HEWs and volunteers health workers.
· Improving basic preventive mental health care at community level in line with public health emergency management with emphasis on common mental disorders occurring in emergency.
· Conduct & undertake PHC services like consultation & provide proper treatment for mental health conditions.
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism.
· Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest woreda or capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
· Train and support the HEWs on how to identify common symptoms of mental disorders and its preventive measures follow-up (e.g., referral to health facility).
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on mental health conditions and preventative issues in the community.
· When applicable train other medical staff in psychiatry related issues
· Performing additional tasks given by supervisor that is related to his/her competencies
- Job Requirements:
· College Degree in Psychiatry Nursing and with valid registration/practicing license.
· At least two years of experience in the field at the field.
· Experienced working at the primary health care unit (Health center) outpatient department managing patients with mental health conditions and other health program implementation an, training of health workers, etc.
- Local language ability is an advantage.
Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through This Link before OR on December 19,2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot