- Job Description:
- Location: All regions
Duration of contract:6months
Required number: ninety (90)
Report to: Health System and reproductive health research directorate
Job Summary: The post-holder will be travel to assigned regions, and will work under the Health system and reproductive health research directorate.
The state of health in a country can be measured through indicators describing long-term program achievements and effects on the populations. Measures such as the levels of fertility or child mortality can be obtained through surveys conducted at the household level. These measures, in turn, are affected by a number of factors, such as the general standard of living, socioeconomic conditions of the population, their accessibility to health services, and the capacity and quality with which the services are delivered.
A health facility requires minimum infrastructure and supplies to operate effectively and without introducing harm to the population. Thus, selected indicators need to be measured to obtain data on the facilities, supplies, and services for informed decision-making.
EPHI has been designated as the survey manager for Service Provision Assessment (SPA) to be conducted on behalf of the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Ethiopia. The survey is to be conducted on a nationally representative sample of Health Posts, Health Centers, private clinics, and census of Hospitals, to document the presence of infrastructure, equipment, supplies, medicines, other resources, and functioning systems required to support quality maternal-child and reproductive health services. The Service Provision Assessment (SPA) survey is a sample survey of formal sector health facilities with the objective of providing information on the overall service environment and the functioning of the various components of the health system that may affect the quality of services.
The purpose of the 2021 SPA is to provide a comprehensive overview of the country’s health service delivery, specifically an assessment of the capacity and potential of the health care facilities in the current health system to provide quality health service in Ethiopia. This information will enable the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) as well as other national and international institutions working on the health system strengthening.
The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) included monitoring and evaluation as an invaluable component of Health Sector Development Plan. It is technically impossible to obtain all health and health related data exclusively through HMIS. Conducting regular surveys is crucial to capture selected set of data and triangulate various sources in order to improve the quality of health services and improvements in the health system. The last SPA was conducted in 2014. In order to better measure progress in the health system and quality of care, it is critical to conduct this survey for improved planning and management of the health sector. This information will be critical to the development of the Health Sector Transformational Plan II (2020-2025).
The Ethiopian Public Health Institute, therefore, would like to hire competent applicant as per the following requirement.
Major duties and responsibilities:
The enumerator occupies the central position in the SPA survey because he/she collects information from respondents. Therefore, the success of the SPA survey depends on the quality of each interviewer’s work.
In general, once a selected facility has been located, the responsibilities of an interviewer include the following:
1.Attend and participate fully in training (main training)
2.Pre-test the survey instruments.
3. Identifying all eligible respondents (facility in-charges, most knowledgeable health workers for specific services, clients for observation and exit interviews) in those facilities
4.Interviewing all eligible respondents in the facility using the appropriate questionnaire
5. Checking completed questionnaires to be sure that all questions were asked and the responses neatly and legibly recorded
6. Maintain good team spirit with team members (co-enumerator and supervisor)
7. Collect data as per protocol, including following skip patterns, and asking questions as instructed
8. Report all best practices and challenges to the supervisor
9. Forward to the supervisor all completed questionnaires daily
10. Work under the supervision/guidance of the field supervisor
- Job Requirements:
- · Must have B.Sc. degree in health-related fields including Medical doctor, Health officer, Nursing, midwifery, laboratory technology, pharmacy, or environmental health.
· Must be familiar with the organization and functioning of health facilities (preferably having worked in a hospital, or else a busy health center) for 5 years
· Must have experience in a similar role in other health facility related surveys
Additional Job Requirements:
· Experience in quantitative data collection and analysis
· Computer programming experience is preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Good written and spoken English
· Ability to build rapport and feel comfortable working in a team
· Ability to read text, absorb and pick out the interesting, important and relevant parts
· Willingness to learn and develop skills
· Knowledge of data backup/recovery
· Experience with database management using CSPro
** Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- How To Apply:
- Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot