- Job Description:
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
The NIH-supported Ethiopia- Emory TB Research Training program (EETB-RTP) program benefits from a successful partnership between Emory university in Atlanta and three Ethiopian institute in Addis Ababa. These includes an internationally recognized research institute focused on TB investigation (Armauer Hansen Research Institute [AHRI]), a degree granting university (Addis Ababa University [AAU] and the national public health institution (Ethiopian Public Health Institute [EPHI]. Ethiopia- Emory TB Research Training program (EETB-RTP) propose an innovative TB research training program for Ethiopian investigators which will provide the researcher and their institutions with the skills, expertise and additional capacity necessary to carry out internationally relevant TB-related research.
We are looking for enthusiastic, bright minded, hardworking and experienced in coordinating activities and resource effectively in a given time to be part of the team as well as envisioning to the excellence of the Institute through quality research.
The Role of the Project Coordinator:
· The in country project coordinator for the EETB-RTP will be based at AHRI and work under the MDRD directorate. Expected to work closely with Ethiopian and US project PIs.
· The project coordinator will help with advertising of the program and trainee recruitment efforts, receipt of application, communication with leadership and trainees.
· Assist with evaluation activities and help collect data used to track program and trainee progress.
· Coordinate in-country trainings, workshops and courses.
· Disbursements of trainee research support and other budgetary related issues.
· Help with developing progress reports and other EETB-RTP related duties.
· Planning and coordinating regular EETB-RTP zoom conference with the trainees and their mentors.
· Regular follow up of the trainees’ project work under the EETB-RTP program.
- Job Requirements:
- Specifications for the Position:
Personal Specification: Qualification, Experiences and Essential Skills
· MPH in Public Health or Health Management; OR MBA in Project Management or Business Administration; And 8-year experience; OR
· BSc in Public Health or any health related discipline; OR BA in Project Management or Business Administration And 10-year experience.
· Personal training/skills in the required position
· Excellent interpersonal communication skill and proficient English skill
· Strong computer literacy (MS office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet use)
· Strong organizational skills; flexible to working off-working hours or weekends
· A high level of attention to details
· Ability to work with others/team work, including international collaborators
· Open for discussion and learning
· Ability to problem solving and willingness to take self initiatives
· Willingness to take up additional responsibilities and continuous training as needed
Terms and Conditions:
1. Salary: According to the Institute’s scale for contract employees
2. Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is
such that it might require working late hours and weekends
3. Length of Contract: This is a 1-year post, subject to annual contract renewal
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before December 10, 2020
· A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
· A cover letter (maximum 1 page, describing why you wanted to apply for the position and how you meet the requirements for the position)
· A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Applicants cannot have more than one application simultaneously under consideration for employment at AHRI.
The recruitment will involve individual screening of applications, followed by interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
No. Required: 01 (one)
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot